Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Academic Instructor- Alliance Health Service Academy- EXL
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Type
- Regular Part-Time
The Youth Policy Institute (YPI) is seeking a part-time Academic Instructor for its Expanded Learning department. This position will plan and provide meaningful instruction to students in subject area(s) assigned. The Academic Instructor works under the supervision of the Site Coordinator.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Actively supervise a group of 20 students and facilitate safe, structured activities.
- Provide instruction in assigned subject area(s) and prepare weekly lesson plans that align with the Common Core State Standards.
- Implement age appropriate classroom and behavior management techniques.
- Demonstrate leadership and a commitment to educating, inspiring and empowering youth.
- Represent the mission of YPI and uphold all policies and procedures.
- Supervise all participants to ensure a safe learning environment.
- Maintain accurate daily attendance records and ensure that students sign-in and sign-out each day.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships, and communication with school personnel, YPI staff, students and families regarding all aspects of student involvement in the expanded learning program.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries with students, parents, school personnel and staff at all times.
- Apply a wide variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided.
- Take reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, and materials.
- Assess student progress on a consistent basis.
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials for the program.
- Adhere to workplace safety guidelines.
- Attend all required staff meetings, trainings and events on and off-site.
- Administer first-aid in case of minor injury.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Liberal Arts, Education and/or closely related field.
- Appropriate single subject California Teaching Credential.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, as needed.
- Ability to use good judgement in challenging situations.
- Some evenings and/or weekends may be required.
- Ability to engage students in program activities.
- Outstanding analytical skills and ability to create effective course of action.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to arrive to work site at scheduled time consistently.
- If applicable, will be required to provide proof of current California driver’s license, acceptable driving record (current DMV H6 printout), and current liability auto insurance.
- Must complete CPR/First Aid certification within 60 calendar days of employment.
- Must pass criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment.
- Must present proof of negative tuberculosis skin test (Mantoux) prior to beginning employment dated within 60 days.
- Completion of other required trainings (i.e. training against harassment, etc.) when assigned.
- Part-time position, partial year. ?Before school and/or afterschool schedule, some weekends and/or evenings may apply. Hours vary by school site and program need.