Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
For over 30 years, Yorktel has been the video managed services partner around the world for some of the largest business and government agencies. With over 10,000 video systems under management worldwide – more than any other video communications service provider – Yorktel has the proven expertise and global reach to deliver enterprise-quality visual communications.
Yorktel is currently seeking a Project Manager. The Project Manager will apply knowledge, experience, interpersonal skills and administrative techniques to coordinate activities that implement collaboration and unified communication solutions for Yorktel customers. This position is focused on managing, organizing, and administering activities of assigned projects as well as the overall management of key operational metrics such as project health, deliverable achievement, and project/account profitability. The Project Manager is additionally responsible for meeting or exceeding customer expectations regarding scope, schedule and budget, as well as timely reporting of health status and risk. The Project Manager is highly competent and technically knowledgeable with all UC and collaborative products and services. The Project Manager will possess the ability to successfully lead a project team, excel at thinking creatively, balance multiple large projects simultaneously, and develop collaborative working relationships with both internal and external business partners and technical experts. This position will be responsible for Yorktel’s most demanding clients.
This position reports directly to the Project Delivery Team Lead. The Project Delivery Team Lead will provide direction and support to the Project Manager in regards to the following areas; organizational development and improvement, career development and client escalation issues.
The Project Manager regularly influences internal stakeholders to achieve beneficial outcomes. This position will make recommendations to internal and external stakeholders about project and account related issues, and ensure resolution of problems in conjunction with assigned team members. This position requires proactive planning, clear communication, expert execution and team work to coordinate resources within Yorktel to support assigned projects and accounts. This position must regularly communicate answers to complex questions and respond to detailed inquiries, about client issues or concerns. This position handles and is expected to protect all internal confidential information and must utilize discretion and judgment based on company policies and procedure.
- Manage relationships with York Force vendors (Partners/Subcontractors) to execute projects on time, within budget and with high customer satisfaction.
- Utilizes a network of relationships to collect and disseminate information, build support, and secure buy-in for desired objectives
- Expert competency reading and disseminating drawings
- Expert knowledge of control system operation and development
- Expert knowledge of audio and video components
- Expert knowledge of implementation of systems
- Plan execute and communicate regarding a broad, coordinated set of project plans, drawings, and programs to meet the goals and priorities of the customer, department and company.
- Responsible for overall job cost assessment and tracking related to all efforts as well as providing weekly project forecasts to the Project Manager Team Lead.
- Uses knowledge of general financial and accounting principles to understand and communicate how decisions affect bottom line for large scope projects
- Confirms Scope of Work is in alignment with customer expectations and manage scope of work changes through the life cycle of the project
- Manages project risks and activities to mitigate and evaluates and negotiates changes in scope, budget and/or schedule with the customer, project team and Sr. Management.
- Works cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes. Works with senior management to resolve more complex problems.
- Manages project schedule and performs analysis to ensure that appropriate resources are allocated to the project and milestones are met.
- Gathers information, reviews report and analyzes data provided by Project Team
- Tracks and performs follow up activities/actions and reports on progress.
- Confirms project scope, charter, goals and deliverables in support of business goals and works with senior leadership and stakeholders for approvals
- Work collaboratively with all levels including executives, managers, front line, technical experts, and IT etc.
- Continuously improve project management process and methodologies to ensure profitability and successful completion of all projects.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience in, and a working knowledge of the following areas is required:
- Unified communication and Collaboration solutions
- Managed services
- Technical support services
- Professional services
- Cloud based collaboration services
Implementation, maintenance and delivery of managed collaborative services including:
- Distance Learning
- Facility coordination
- Video Infrastructure
- The candidate must have the ability to travel as required in support of regular site visits to customer location(s)
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and employees.
- Knowledge of and adherence to York Telecom policies and procedures.
- May require occasional lifting (up to 25 lbs)
- Requires extensive sitting, standing and walking
- Limited weekend and/or night work may be required
- Domestic travel requiring multi-night stays within and at times outside the local work area
- International travel may be required
- Valid U.S. driver’s license is a requirement and must have a positive driver’s abstract.
- Current valid U.S. Passport is desirable.
- Must be willing to complete background checks and drug tests as required by current or future contracts
- Must be willing to apply for security clearances, suitability, and other related clearances to be able to work at certain customer locations
Join us and you will enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package, including 401k and Flex 125 plans.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, Genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.