YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of San Diego County
The Translator will be responsible for listening to, understanding, and translating spoken or written statements. The Translator provides translation services over various methods of communication.
What a Translator Does...
- Provide written and spoken translation services in-person and over the phone
- Provide written and spoken translation services at workshops, community meetings, and during one on one coaching sessions
- Review translated materials for accuracy
- Travel to provide translation services to multiple locations throughout the county
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Give feedback on cultural competency materials, trainings, and program approaches
- Act as a community liaison
What We Look For in a Translator...
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficiency in writing, speaking and understanding Somali
- Experience translating written documents from English to Somali
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to speak in front of groups and in a one on one setting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team