YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Specialty Instructor II - Tap/Ballet
at YMCA of San Diego County
Want to instruct sports activities or lead classes for the youth and adults in your community?
Join the Y and get paid to be
active and – of course – have FUN!
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION(S) BELOW!
South - Jackie Robinson Family YMCA
North Coastal - Joe and Mary Mottino Family YMCA
Central - Mission Valley YMCA (Children's Tap/Ballet) - Friday 9:30AM and/or Wednesday 4:00PM
Y would I apply?
· FREE Complete Gym Membership
· FREE Workout Classes
· FREE Pool Access
· Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
· Build Your Resume
· Opportunities for Growth
· Community Involvement
· PART TIME Perks
o FREE Family Membership
o Paid Sick Leave
o Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
· Plan and instruct class participants
· Keep the space safe and fun at all times
· Keep track of class roster and assure registration of participants
· Build great professional relationships with members and families
· Provide a positive and enthusiastic atmosphere
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
· Must be 18 years or older
· 3 years of experience instructing in area of expertise preferred
· Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation
· Ability to adequately observe participant, enforces safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures
· The physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical ability
· CPR and First Aid certified upon hire and must be from one of the following:
o American Red Cross
o American Heart Association
o American Safety & Health Institute