YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Assistant I - Day Camp
at YMCA of San Diego County
Looking for a fun job to build your leadership skills?
Would you be a positive, enthusiastic role model to campers?
Are you 16 or 17 years old?
Join us as a Program Assistant for Camp!
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION(S) BELOW!
Rancho Family YMCA | Ecke Family YMCA
| Mottino Family YMCA
Jackie Robinson Family YMCA | McKinney Family YMCA | McGrath Family YMCA
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
- Build Your Resume
- Opportunities for Growth
- Community Involvement
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Contribute to planning and implementation of the daily program in accordance with YMCA policies, and ACA standards under the direct supervision of the Camp Director
- Plan and implement lesson plans in areas of outdoor education, arts & crafts, cooking, sports or recreational games, drama, singing, team building and science
- Create an age-appropriate learning environment, which allows for and fosters creativity and individuality in the campers
- Provide constant supervision of assigned campers at all times
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all campers in the group and entire camp
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
- Must be 16 or older
- 1 year of experience working with children preferred
- Ability to lead campers in at least 2 of the following areas: recreational games, drama, crafts, outdoor education, songs, sports, aquatics, team building or science
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- CPR/AED and First Aid, must include both Adult and Infant/Child, certified within 30 days and must be from one of the following:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute