YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Preschool Teacher - Full Time
at YMCA of San Diego County
$14.00 - $15.00/Hour
Full Time with Benefits
Offered at multiple locations
# of Openings:
Current Preschool Teacher Opportunities:
- Copley Price YMCA - Central (City heights)
- (1) Infant/Toddler Teacher - Education must include Infant/Toddler course and experience with Infant/Toddler age group
The YMCA is looking for candidates passionate about Early Childhood Education to support our open Preschool Teacher opportunities. YMCA preschool programs are located throughout San Diego County, at either a YMCA facility or adjacent site and follow a creative curriculum approach to teaching. Preschool Teachers create and implement age-appropriate programming that engages youth and creates endless opportunities for participants to discuss, learn and grow. Teachers have the education & experience to work independently with a group of their own or work as a team to support a larger groups of youth. This role requires all candidate to be highly skilled with both written & verbal communication, creativity, problem solving and several other professional skill sets that are helpful in career advancement.
Preschool Teacher positions can either be full-Time or Part-Time, depending on the needs of the branch.
- Part-Time staff receive a free family membership, paid sick leave (once accrued) and paid professional development opportunities and training.
- Full-Time employees receive all Part-Time benefits, but also health benefits (including medical, dental & vision options), paid vacation and an automatic 12% 401k contribution (once vested).
All YMCA staff have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What a Preschool Teacher Does…
- Ensure the safety and supervision of a group of children 2 - 5 years of age at all times.
- Provide positive behavior guidance that supports the developmental, social-emotional, and physical needs of all students.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of the creative learning environment, establishment of interest centers, and preparation of needed material and supplies
- Effectively communicate, in a timely manner, with parents/guardians to create and foster a positive relationship
- Record and monitor the daily activities of children in your care
What We Look for in a Preschool Teacher…
- Must be 18 years of age or older and a high school graduate.
- 12 CORE units of Early Childhood Education (ECE) required. AA or BA in Early Childhood Education is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 6 months experience working with youth in a preschool setting.
- Pediatric CPR and Pediatric First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire, unless specified otherwise on contract, and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Must have a warm and friendly personality and the sensitivity to meet the needs of a diverse population.