YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Official II - Adult Sports (Soccer)
at YMCA of San Diego County
$15.60 - $21.45/Hour
Peninsula (Point Loma)
# of Openings:
Seeking energetic and friendly staff that are excited for the opportunity to work with families and members of the communities. As an Official II – Adult Sports, you will be responsible officiating adult sports leagues, ensuring quality program deliver and participants' safety and well-being at all times. Individuals selected for this position will receive the benefit of a free family membership and have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What an Official II – Adult Sports Does…
- Ensure a quality and safe program operation for all participants and spectators.
- Maintain good communication between teams, the YMCA and supervisor
- Maintain good public relations at all times
- Instill teaching of values and skills to the participants while refereeing
- Keep friendly and fun atmosphere between players, parents, and coaches. Enforce warnings when necessary
- Ensure the playing area is in safe playing condition prior to the start of each game
- Ensure effective communication with supervisor, colleagues, and participants
- Remain calm to diffuse potential adverse situations
What We Look for in an Official II – Adult Sports…
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Official's certification from an accredited organization required
- 3-5 years experience in officiating sports
- Experience officiating competitive high school and/or adult age levels
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent customer service, communication and leadership skills
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures
- Physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform job related tasks
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.