YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor I - Weight Room
at YMCA of San Diego County
$11.50 - $13.06/Hour
Toby Wells YMCA
# of Openings:
Seeking energetic and friendly staff that are excited for the opportunity to work with families and members of the communities. As a Weight Room Instructor, you are responsible for building positive relationships among members, participants, volunteers and staff by actively greeting members and participants and providing excellent customer service, guidance and leadership. You will assist members and participants with workout equipment and provide basic information to participants regarding the workout equipment to enhance the physical, mental and spiritual health of each student. Individuals selected for this position will receive the benefit of a free family membership and have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What a Weight Room Instructor Does…
- Monitor workout areas for potential hazards and keep areas organized and tidy to better service members (re-rack free weights when as needed, put magazines away, etc.).
- Be aware of and enforce fitness center (weight room) policies at all times.
- Provide basic information/instruction to participants regarding how to properly use the fitness equipment.
- Keep facility and equipment clean and well maintained at all times.
- Demonstrate proactive approach to customer service.
What We Look for in a Weight Room Instructor…
- Minimum of 18 years of age or older.
- Current CPR (First Aid, if offsite) certification required and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.
- O2 certification required within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.
- An understanding of physical education principles, along with specific experience in strength training is essential as well as the ability to work with varying fitness levels and ages preferred.
- Experience with variety of strength equipment and free weights and knowledge of current fitness issues/trends preferred.