YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
In Home Respite Provider I
at YMCA of San Diego County
$11.50 - $13.75/Hour
Childcare Resource Service
# of Openings:
As an In Home Respite Provider, you will be responsible for providing occasional, part-time, one-on-one respite care for individuals with developmental disabilities in the family home. Individuals selected for this position will receive the benefit of a free family membership and have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What an In Home Respite Provider Does…
- Respite Care: Attends to the social, safety and personal hygiene needs of children with developmental disabilities, including but not limited to:
- Toileting and diapering
- Meal preparation
- Administration of oral medication
- Assuring that the child is engaged in meaningful, developmentally appropriate activities.
- Operation of adaptive equipment
- Direct supervision and attention to child's safety needs
- Interact with parent and child in a positive and profession manner, including but not limited to:
- Prompt return of all phone calls
- Following given routines and procedures for child's care
- Redirection of child's behavior in a positive and developmentally age appropriate manner
- Develop and maintain open communication with parent regarding child's needs
- Delivery of reliable and dependable respite service in a professional manner
What We Look for in an In Home Respite Provider…
- Must have 6 months experience or 6 units in the child care field, special needs field, health field or any related field
- Must be a minimum of 18 year of age
- Must have the ability to effectively use the English language including, speaking, reading and writing.
- Must have the ability to lift individuals up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Must have proof of auto insurance.
- Must have means of direct phone access.
- Ability to use technology (telephone and internet) to accurately submit time and mileage on a bi-weekly basis.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule that may require evenings and weekends.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification required and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.