YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of San Diego County
Looking for a job in transportation with perks?
Are you an outgoing, enthusiastic bus driver?
Join us and receive a FREE Y Family Membership!
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION(S) BELOW!
Metro/Mid San Diego l Mission Valley YMCA - Toby Wells Family YMCA
North County/Coastal | Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA
East County l John A. Davis Family YMCA
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Build Your Resume
- Opportunities for Growth
- Community Involvement
- PART TIME Perks
- FREE Family Membership
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all participants and passengers
- Keep accurate records of vehicle usage
- Comply with state regulations, regarding proper usage, inspection and maintenance of vehicles
- Practice non-aggressive defensive driving techniques
- When not driving the bus, employee may be asked to assist in the leadership of YMCA activities
- Communicate effectively with staff, participants and parents
- Follow and maintain YMCA standards, guidelines, objectives and goals
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
- Must be 21 or older
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid, must include both Adult & Infant/Child certification, required and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute OR a current DL 45/California Special Driver Certificate with no #6 restrictions indicated.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Valid CA Class B Driver’s License
- Valid DL 51A Medical certificate
- Air brakes & passenger endorsements (transit qualified)
- Good driving record
- Current CDL H6 print-out from California DMV (must be dated within 30 days of application)
- Pass pre-employment & random drug testing as required by the DOT
- Criminal record clearance
- Pass vehicle proficiency exam
- Visual & auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- School bus certificate/ DL 45 (if SPAB transportation is required)
- Copy of current T-01 card (if SPAB transportation is required)