YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of San Diego County
We are looking for an outgoing and enthusiastic bus driver to transport children around San Diego County. As a Bus driver, this person will drive participants to and from YMCA programs and/or community events. Individuals selected for this position will receive the benefit of a free family membership and have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What a Bus Driver Does…
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all participants and passengers
- Keep accurate records of vehicle usage
- Comply with state regulations, regarding proper usage, inspection and maintenance of vehicles
- Practice non-aggressive defensive driving techniques
- When not driving the bus, employee may be asked to assist in the leadership of YMCA activities
- Communicate effectively with staff, participants and parents
- Follow and maintain YMCA standards, guidelines, objectives and goals
What We Look for in a Bus Driver…
- Current CPR and First Aid certification required and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute OR a current DL 45/California Special Driver Certificate with no #6 restrictions indicated.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Valid CA Class B Drivers License
- Valid DL 51A Medical certificate
- Air brakes & passenger endorsements (transit qualified)
- Good driving record
- Current CDL H6 print-out from California DMV (must be dated within 30 days of application)
- Pass pre-employment & random drug testing as required by the DOT
- Criminal record clearance
- Pass vehicle proficiency exam
- Visual & auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- School bus certificate/ DL 45 (if SPAB transportation is required)
- Copy of current T-01 card (if SPAB transportation is required)