YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Swim Coach
at YMCA of San Diego County
$14.55 - $16.00/Hour
John A. Davis Family YMCA
# of Openings:
The Assistant Swim Coach will assist in instruction and coaching of the swim team in accordance with the YMCA of San Diego County and/or USA Swimming standards.
What an Assistant Swim Coach does...
- Assist in preparation of the swim team area for workout.
- Assist with appropriate stretching and warm-up/cool-down activities.
- Assist with maintaining safety and discipline during workouts and meets.
- Assist in responding to the individual needs of participants.
- Assist in providing a variety of demonstration, explanation, and practice and skill correction during each workout.
- Assist in effective communication with athletes and parents in a friendly manner and providing appropriate encouragement.
- Assist with modeling the values and mission of the YMCA at all times.
What we look for in an Assistant Swim Coach...
- Minimum age of 18 years of age
- Current CPR PRO/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Current First Aid certification and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Two (2) years experience competitive swimming
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguard certification
- YMCA or WSI Swim Lesson certification
- Safety training for Swim Coaches