Westlake Financial Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fraud Audit Specialist
at Westlake Financial Services
The primary objective of this position is the satisfactory resolution of potential loss situations resulting from non-compliant dealership activity, including demand for reimbursement, repurchase or other restitution; negotiation of settlements within acceptable guidelines. Additional duties include following up on demands for repurchase and facilitating resolution of any dealer breach of our Master Dealer Agreement.
This individual will primarily interact with dealerships and company management. This position entails substantial lines of communication with other internal departments.
The successful candidate is self-directed in work prioritization and demonstrates superior judgment-making ability within the scope of the position’s areas of responsibility. The associate will perform all duties in accordance with Westlake policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives and assesses new cases involving dealership non-compliance/fraud with company standards for customer account quality, including fraud or contractual violations; and other circumstances involving dealerships which warrant financial restitution
- Prepares and processes demands for repurchase and/or payoff
- Makes outbound contacts with dealerships regarding resolution of pending repurchase demands
- Assigns or releases a funds-hold status on dealerships with outstanding repurchase demands
- Accurately tracks and documents progress and actions taken during the course of problem resolution for individual cases
- Promptly communicates potential risk situations to the department Manager
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Familiarity with specialty or legal collections requirements and processes
- Superior data entry skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work under time constraints and daily deadlines
- Versatility in job functionality and quick to assimilate procedural changes
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork awareness
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous work experience in collections or specialized debt servicing preferred
- Previous work experience in the automotive finance industry preferred
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
- Daybreak or other retail consumer servicing systems
- Web navigation and/or web-based applications
- Personal computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- 10-key calculator and QWERTY keyboard skills
- Copier, Faxing & other general office supplies
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.