Webcor Builders, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Project Manager
at Webcor Builders, Inc.
Who We Are
Webcor employs people who embrace our core values (trust, craft, bold, community, innovation) in pursuit of building diverse, high-profile structures. Founded in San Francisco in 1971, Webcor is still headquartered in this thriving city, as well as a large presence in the Los Angeles area, and is committed to growing throughout California, bringing our uniquely creative approaches to a mix of public and private projects. We are passionate about building solutions and bettering lives throughout the communities we serve. We offer clearly delineated career paths and employee-specific rotation plans through our construction management divisions (Core & Shell and Special Projects) and self-perform groups (Webcor Concrete, Webcor Carpentry, and Webcor Drywall). Our craft professionals, experienced professionals, and new graduates enjoy financial, health, and wellness benefits that encourage and reward individual contribution.
Why Join Us?
- We tackle megaprojects and small projects, public and private. Nothing excites us more than building solutions to challenges that have never been tackled before.
- We are deeply committed to continuous improvement. We welcome new and better ways of doing things.
- The U.S. GREEN BUILDING COUNCIL has recognized us with multiple LEED PLATINUM awards for our commitment to sustainable design, communities, and construction.
- We encourage employee development and mobility and provide the resources to make it happen.
- We pay an average of over 85% of the cost of medical benefits for employees and their families. We cover the total cost of dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. We offer a generous 401(k) match. And we offer a range of other benefits, from a wellness program to legal assistance, not to mention days off to volunteer in the community and floating holidays.
What You’ll Do:
People don’t want bureaucratic processes slowing or preventing them from building innovative structures. At Webcor, we get things done and make projects happen.
As an Assistant Project Manager, you will assist with the operational side of a building project. You will:
- Manage and publish the project schedule on a regular basis.
- Control the budget associated with the project and negotiate best pricing.
- Write and distribute bid packages that clearly define the scope and general provisions.
- Negotiate contracts and subcontracts as needed.
- Mitigate risk on behalf of Webcor.
- Focus on continuous improvement and innovation in all you do.
What You Need to Succeed:
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Construction Management, Civil or Mechanical Engineering, or Architecture) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum four years of construction or engineering experience to include three years as a Project Engineer.
- Advanced knowledge of MS office, Adobe, and Visio.
- Working knowledge of cost control, budgeting, contracts, billing, and forecasting.
- LEED AP is preferred but not required.
- You love communicating! You are also a born leader and enjoy using creativity to solve problems.
- You are authentic and are known for going above and beyond what is asked of you.
Webcor is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.