Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Business Analyst
at Viacom Inc.
- Job Locations
- US-CA-LOS ANGELES
- Pluto TV
- Job Type
- Full-Time Staff
- iCIMS ID
About The Brand
Overview and Responsibilities
The Distribution Team is responsible for growing Pluto TV's service across a variety of platforms, including connected TV OEMs, MVPDs, consoles, and SMP operators, such as Vizio, Samsung, Amazon, Roku, and Google.
The Senior Business Analyst, Distribution, is a catalyst for optimizing the growth and performance of our distribution partnerships and new/ongoing strategic initiatives.
This role directly contributes to executive decision-making at all levels of the organization with insights and analysis on internally generated data and market research.
This role reports to the Director of Strategic Planning & Initiatives, Distribution.
- Financial Analysis: Working with the FP&A & Corp Ops team, executives, and product partners to develop business models and distribution partner forecasts.
- Business Planning: Generating recurring financial and important metric forecasts for each partner based on context, analyzing progress toward important metric targets, and making recommendations to senior and executive leadership to meet or exceed targets based on the Operating Plan. This will require working closely with Distribution Partner Leads, Audience Development, and the Partner Marketing teams.
- Product Roadmapping: Participating in prospective partner projections, business value generation, and mid-cycle prioritization. Additionally, acting as the source of truth on business values for Quarterly Product Reviews.
- Dashboards & Reporting: Collaborating with the Business Intelligence and Product Teams to create and build dashboards to track and call important metrics for each partnership. Dashboards include weekly and monthly insights, quarterly business reviews, and ad hoc analyses as requested by senior leadership.
- At least 5 years overall work experience with at least 2 years working in a media, entertainment, or technology company. Past experience in a finance role is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite skills, particularly Excel.
- Proficiency in data visualization with an ability to quickly learn new software.
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as the ability to handle and synthesize large datasets in order to deliver critical insights in an easy-to-digest format for management and external partners.
- Have the discipline to carry out duties under general management oversight.
- Basic SQL proficiency a plus.