USE Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at USE Credit Union
- Job ID
- Retail (Branches)
- Regular Full-Time
Do you have an eye for detail? A passion for policies and procedures? The Operations Supervisor position is perfect for you! As an Operations Supervisor, you’ll have the chance to help ensure the safety and soundness of USE. Become part of a team that is key in reducing operational errors and creating an unbeatable service experience. Do you have what it takes?
- Maintains operations procedures ensuring compliance with approved credit union policies and procedures, therein delivering a high level of member service and operational quality in the credit union.
- Ensures compliance of credit union employees with established security, operations, regulatory compliance, audit, and recordkeeping policies, procedures and practices.
- Responsible for and participates as necessary in branch audit functions, and prepares reports as needed, including but not limited to various branch certifications, fraud control, reconciliations, negotiable control, and monthly/quarterly audits.
- Oversees and monitors branch activities for compliance with established policies and procedures. Works closely with Assistant Branch Manager to ensure that operational standards are met, and that operational issues are escalated and resolved in timely manner.
- Mentors branch staff, and provides hands on training and development to ensure new and existing staff have the requisite knowledge and skills. Provides coaching to aid with increasing understanding and ensure consistent application of policies and procedures.
- At the direction of the Branch Management, reviews records and reports to insure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Offers guidance and instructs branch operations staff in their daily functions, including assisting with scheduling, assigning work, coordinating activities, answering questions, solving problems, helping with complex transactions and explaining policies and procedures to tellers and members.
- Responsible for credit union operations, including opening ,closing, and/or operating the branch on an occasional basis, in absence of Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager.
- Approves transactions and authorizes fee reversals in accordance with established authority levels.
- Operates a cash drawer when needed, and processes cash and check deposits, withdrawal requests, loan payments, and general ledger transactions in accordance to credit union policies and procedures.
- Protects the credit union member assets by identifying all members when transacting business and giving information, adhering to security practices. Solves member inquiries and/or complaints.
- Establishes new memberships, including checking and savings accounts, term accounts, IRA’s, online banking, insurance products and loans.
- Supports daily sales efforts of operations staff and facilitates referrals of credit union products and services, including assisting Branch Management in sales development of each staff member, as applicable.
- Works efficiently with team members to reach branch goals and maintain branch performance and production goals.
- Provides an unbeatable service experience and adheres to the credit union’s quality service standards, including solving member issues and complaints, and assisting tellers in mediating member situations.
- Remains up-to-date and knowledgeable on credit union products, services, and related policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Identifies individuals in alignment with the Member/Customer Identification Program, and reporting of unusual activity.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in a financial institution/credit union, a plus.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of members, employees of organization, and the general public.
- Ability to use loan origination systems, contact management software, and other Microsoft Office application products, as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Requires general knowledge of computer network and database use.
- To perform this job, the employee must possess strong interpersonal skills, good phone and e-mail etiquette, a professional presentation, and a high degree of personal initiative.
- Must be able to work branch operational hours to include weekends, and to work occasional nights or weekends.
University and State Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.