USE Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Card Services Manager
at USE Credit Union
- Job ID
- Card Services
- Regular Full-Time
Are you innovative and service driven? USE’s Card Services Department is the perfect place for you! As a Card Services Manager, you’ll have the chance to oversee our debit and credit card programs and related payment services. Become part of a team that is key in driving operational execution and product development. Do you have what it takes?
- Manage the functions of the Card Services Department. This may include daily settlement and posting files, monthly GL reconciliation, quarterly dues and certifications, instant issue credit and debit card management, and card loss prevention and mitigation. Provide support and back-up to staff, ensuring department work assignments are completed within established timeframes. This may include claims, card orders, and maintenance transactions - a “working manager” role.
- Ensure compliance with all related regulations. Review operating practices and procedures, making recommendations for increasing service quality, reducing risk and establishing or improving internal controls. Write or participate in writing departmental procedures.
- Directly supervises and assumes responsibility for training, planning, assigning and directing the work of up to six employees in Card Services. Train, direct and evaluate employee performance. Use performance standards/metrics to guide employees to optimum performance, and administer disciplinary action as necessary.
- Interview, hire, recommend promotions/transfers and salary. Ensure staff adheres to established credit union policies and procedures, governing rules, regulations and laws. Maintain a high level of service to members directly and through support of branch, call center and other departmental operations. Maintain security and confidentiality.
- With limited direction, manage the department’s operating budget and operating expenses, coding vendor invoices for payment and ensuring timely, accurate expense recognition. Demonstrate prudent expense control, and may manage variance reporting and other administrative budget tasks.
- May complete, supervise and/or assist in the development and/or compiling of financial, statistical and management reports, audit schedules and regulatory reports. The reports, spreadsheets, and dashboards that aggregate diverse information will include expenses and income, with the ability to assess profitability of the entire card program.
- Collaborate with stakeholders for the planning and execution of products, services, and promotions. Work with Lending staff to understand and coordinate underwriting and credit screening criteria as it relates to credit cards. May manage directly or through delegation the administration of card rewards programs.
- Leads projects and/or assist in projects as a team member. Provides support and back-up to department work units to ensure department work assignments are completed within established timeframes. Develop business requirements and processes for product initiatives, and act as subject matter expert. Discover and lead process improvements that enhance members and staff experience, and create efficiencies.
- Maintain current knowledge of rapidly evolving card industry products and the payments industry. Actively recommend and participate in deployment of new products, services, and technology. Lead debit/credit card development projects by partnering with various internal departments.
- Develop business requirements and processes for product initiatives, and act as subject matter expert. Discover and lead process improvements that enhance members and staff experience, and create efficiencies.
- With VP, Operations & Payments direction, manage vendor contracts and relationships for processors, equipment, and networks. Participate in creation and administration of departmental budget. Conduct special studies and assignments as directed by the VP.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required, and/or a college degree in a related field is preferred. A combination of five to eight years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have related industry experience; a minimum of 3-5 years previous supervisory or management experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of governing rules, regulations, laws, policies and procedures related to departmental responsibilities (i.e., NACHA, Regulation E, BSA, CIP, etc.).
- Interpersonal skills including but not limited to team building, motivating and influencing others, maintaining a significant level of trust and diplomacy, fostering internal and external business relationships.
- Written and verbal communication skills which support effective communication of information to groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to read, interpret, analyze and communicate with all levels of staff on a variety of topics, including but not limited to general business, policies, procedures, laws and regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policies and procedures.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications, as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly; requires general knowledge of network and database use. M must be familiar with general accounting principles and have the ability to interpret invoices, and track expenses and income in a detailed manner.
University and State Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.