Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Officer - Retail Mall in Fresno
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday, Saturday - Sunday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Morning, Overnight
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Professional Security Officer for Retail Mall in Fresno, CA.
The Professional Security Officer is the heart of Allied Universal Services. Our officers allow us to accomplish our company’s core purpose which is “to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities”.
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 160,000 phenomenal employees.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more!
Current AU Employees can earn up tp an additional $2,000 by referring friends and family!
-Be sure to ask about details during your interview!!
$1000 Sign-On Bonus!!!
Must be 18 yrs. with a GED/HS Diploma
Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check
Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment Drug Test
Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted!
You too can start with little, to no security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories.
Feel free to call Adam@ 805.561.9726 to schedule your interview today!!
We have great part-time and flexible schedules! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Apply to join the LARGEST SECURITY COMPANY in the United States!
- Patrol facility and/or perform fixed-post duties as instructed
- Serve as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions
- Detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the property, client or employees at the site
- Report all incidents, accidents and/or medical emergencies
- Follows procedures to respond to emergencies and alarms, such as medical incident or bomb threats, or fire alarms or intrusion
Retail Security Officer Quality Standards:
- Comes to work well rested and alert; is on time and completes shift assignments (including overtime, if assigned)
- Has a neat, professional appearance and arrives at work dressed in complete and clean assigned uniform
- Has a friendly and professional demeanor and provides quality customer service
- Is a good communicator (both verbal and written) and is capable of handling typical and crisis situations both efficiently and effectively
- Must be assertive verbally and not shy away from intervention with large groups of juveniles or young adults. Must be able to detain individuals if necessary
- Understands and successfully executes his/her post orders including enforcement of client and company policies, rules and regulations
- Is physically able to undergo training and certification in pepper foam/spray and handcuffing and can carry out duties related to the same
- Must be able to successfully complete CPR, First Aid and AED training and certification
- Capable of physically detaining, restraining aggressive person(s) and/or performing self-defense
- May require a valid driver’s license (without restrictions or medical conditions)
- May require operation of a Segway (Segway’s have a 250 pound weight limit)
Physical and Mental Functions:
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet);
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift;
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties;
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds;
- Run as needed;
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks;
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination;
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments.
Qualified applicants for the Professional Retail Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- At least 21 years of age;
- Must possess effective written and oral communication skills;
- Effectual interpersonal skills across all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines;
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills;
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions;
- Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying;
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test;
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty;
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills;
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations;
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites;
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard;
- Neat and professional appearance;
- Ability to provide quality customer service;
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently;
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones;
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment);
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.