Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Officer - Healthcare
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday, Saturday - Sunday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Morning, Overnight
Allied Universal is hiring full time security officers for a large hospital in King City, CA. All shifts available, pay starting at $13.00/hr.
If you do not have a valid guard card, we offer free guard card training and will help you through the process to obtain your guard card.
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 160,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! ?You too can start with little, to no security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories. We have great part-time and flexible schedules! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is seeking Professional Security Officers. Our Security Officers allow us to contribute to our company’s core purpose of providing unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses of our communities.
Healthcare Security Officers are charged with a large scope of responsibilities and daily tasks. Healthcare Security Officers provide service to the public, patients, employees, must have a broader knowledge and understanding of the hospital’s mission, and a vast understanding of hospital policy and procedures to be effective. Healthcare Security Officers have a public image that is very visible and need to set a positive example at all times. Security Officers are required to promote favorable relationships with patients, staff, and visitors through positive public and community relations.
Responsibilities Specific to Assigned Client/Post:
• Responds to emergency situations and provides support and assistance to fellow Security Officers, medical staff and personnel in the Emergency Department, Psychiatric Emergency Services, Inpatient Psychiatric Unit, Clinics and other Departments within the hospital as appropriate.
• Understand the role of the Line Officer in hospital operations, including the organizational chart and chain of command. Knowledgeable in the identification of aggressive and violent predicting factors, and management of violent disturbances.
• Observes patients, employee, and visitor compliance to hospital rules and regulations. Observe and question persons attempting to gain unauthorized access or misappropriation of hospital and County property.
• Responsible for patrol throughout the hospital and Health Services. Ensures all appropriate areas are secure and safe from fire, theft, vandalism, and the presence of unauthorized persons. Takes an active role in fires, safety, and disaster preparedness, and remains current in the use of fire and hospital safety equipment.
• Reports daily to the Shift Supervisor/Sergeant, in accordance with established procedures, all potentially hazardous conditions, items in need of repair, including lighting, leaks, stoppages, tripping hazards, and any safety issues.
• Provides employees mobile escorts upon request to their own vehicles, and other areas of the hospital campus as appropriate.
• Provides helpful guidance and direction to patients, visitors, and staff. Promotes the highest level of professionalism and visitor, patient, and employee satisfaction.
• Upholds County standards of excellence in service and interaction with the public and private organizations.
• Respond to all emergency calls as well as non-emergency calls for service. Ensure teamwork between security and the nursing staff and assist fellow security officers with investigations and reports.
• Ensures that all security incidents are accurately and completely documented.
• Ensure proactive patrols throughout the campus, building structures. Ensure the hospital and parking policy as appropriately enforced.
• Responds to all alarms throughout the Health Services Administration building and the hospital where applicable.
• Responsible for preliminary and follow-up investigation into security, criminal, and civil matters; prepares reports; and provides liaison with local law enforcement.
• Responsible for all reports written during the shift.
• Responsible for the safety, integrity, and security of the hospital campus, buildings, real and personal property, patients, visitors, and employees.
• Leads by example: on time for work, dresses in the appropriate uniform, and at work at the appropriate time.
• Responsible for securing and control of lost and found property and found patient property and all weapons and contraband.
• Maintain a level of confidentiality to keep all reports, patient rights, and other related information, along with hospital policy on confidentiality.
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Able to obtain a valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying. We will provide free training for any hires who do not possess a card/license
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
In the Security Industry, a Professional Security Officer may be required to possess a guard card/license depending on the state in which they are employed. The guard card/license is paid for by the owner of the license and becomes the property of that individual.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.