Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
UAT Tester Analyst - Irvine, CA (On-Site) - 728785
at UnitedHealth Group
UAT tester to work within the UAT Team to help us ensure our products are tested and delivered having met the highest quality testing standards available in the organization. In this highly visible role, you will also have the opportunity to participate in building and establishing our policies, standards and procedures for the UAT Team.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing - Testing administered on our RxCLAIM application and ancillary applications (i.e. Portal, PAS, etc) and new software enhancements; writing test plans / test scripts; logging / tracking defects to closure; and working with business analysts to execute test scenarios
- The majority of the day is spent on the computer and interfacing with various departments and other insurance / claims processors to resolve data issues
- Review and decompose requirements based on system enhancements in order to create and execute test scenarios, writing test plans and scripts, logging and tracking defects and working with business analytics to execute test scenarios. Pulling data from RxCLAIM AS400 and uploading into the databases
- Help ensure new system requirements / enhancements / changes are tested and delivered in a timely manner
- Provide consistent and repeatable testing process for UAT
- Improve processes and reduce post implementation issues
- Monitor, measure and communicate test results
- Other tasks may include: support other project testing as needed, running reports and pulling data from the RxCLAIM system for audits on pharmacy claims data, making recommendations to the development team to improve the system and using query language to create the reports from various relational databases
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
1+ years of User Acceptance testing experience
1+ years of experience writing test cases from business requirement and executing / validating test results
1+ years of experience performing business process and/or system analysis
1+ years of process improvement and/or updating / streamlining processes based on new requirements
Data analysis experience
Intermediate level proficiency: MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Ability to understand and clearly articulate business and system functionality requirements and/or process flows as it relates to test cases and test results
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Must be able to work overtime and flexible schedule during holidays and peak period (November through January)
Healthcare insurance or claims experience
IBM AS400 / RxCLAIM
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.