Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
.NET Principal Software Engineer, NLP - San Diego, CA - 729537
at UnitedHealth Group
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This new opening will work closely with linguists, to develop techniques for state-of-the-art medical NLP with the aim of reducing the cost of healthcare. Developer responsibilities will include research and identification of new technologies, systems and/or applications of relevance to company NLP goals. Responsibilities will also include development of internal tools to support the department’s linguists and medical coders; developing systems and interfaces to run the NLP engines; and improving the accuracy and performance of NLP engines.
- The NLP Engineer reports to the Director of Software Engineering, NLP Innovation
- Work will involve all aspects of software design and development from system requirements definition to implementation, integration and testing
- Work will involve the development, enhancement, and maintenance of complex software, with thorough documentation of sophisticated algorithms and procedures for installation and maintenance
- 10+ years of experience in software development -OR- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Mathematics or a related discipline AND 7+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience in:
- MS SQL
- WCF and/or Web Services
- Unit testing
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of Design Patterns
- NoSQL databases
- Understanding of formal linguistics: morphology, syntax, semantics, discourse and/or pragmatics
- Experience analyzing very large datasets
- Experience with natural language processing techniques and text analytics
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: software development, .NET, web services, LINQ, MS SQL, San Diego, CA