Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Case Management Assistant, Applecare Medical - La Palma, CA - 727035
at UnitedHealth Group
- Authorizes selected services per explicit criteria and guidelines
- Collects data for clinical review and submits data to licensed clinical services staff for decision - making
- Performs outbound patient calls per clinical pathway
- Facilitates patient’s appointments as directed by the case manager
- Manages a case load of 100 - 150 low acuity patients that are identified for population management by the case manager
- Provides feedback to Clinical Services Supervisor regarding process improvement
- Performs data entry
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of medical assistant or clinical / healthcare administrative experience
- Able to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to navigate a PC to open applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program (MA diploma)
- Experience working within the Healthcare Industry and healthcare insurance
- Experience working in a Hospital, Physician's Office, or Medical Clinical setting
- Experience working with Medicare and / or Medicaid Services
- 1 year knowledge of UM / QM processes and principles
- Knowledge of general IPA operations
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong ability to work effectively with nurses, physicians and other clinical and operational staff, both written and verbally
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Case Management Assistant, La Palma, CA, California