Union Bank, N.A.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NOC Lead Specialist, Assistant Vice President
at Union Bank, N.A.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
- Reporting to Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager, responsible for day-to-day work direction for Network Operations Center (NOC)
- The primary objective is to ensure the NOC supports the bank's business by responding timely to events or alerts observed and/or reported via diagnostic tools or other IT areas.
- Initiating of critical situations to timely escalate, alert, communicate status, and resolve. Position also performs trouble resolution for the more complex incidents, mentors staff, and performs administrative and operational duties
- Takes action on issues that appear as trends, perform research or prescribed tasks requested by support groups, and document the findings to aid in finding the root cause, work around, or solution
- Identify areas where education of the NOC is needed, and create the environment to accomplish the task
- Perform the role as second level, either to resolve the issue, or determine further escalation path
- Effectively communicate to staff and management the outage and corrective solution.
- Performs work that is highly complex and varied in nature
- Develops integrated solutions to resolve highly complex technical and business issues
- Recognized expert internally and externally within a discipline(s) and often provides strategic direction, guidance and integration of products and services
- May lead projects and provide guidance/training to more junior staff.(D) Duties include participating in interviewing and candidate evaluation
- Responsible for work direction of the day-to-day operation of the NOC
- The primary objective is to ensure the NOC supports the bank's business by responding timely to events or alerts observed and/or reported via diagnostic tools or other IT areas
- Initiating of critical situations to timely escalate, alert, communicate status, and resolve
- Provide staff guidance to quickly identify, track, escalate, and resolve critical situation incidents
- Responsible for implementing technical service restorations and troubleshooting procedures for identifying, testing and diagnosing computer system and peripheral equipment faults
- Provides technical advice, guidance and training to the NOC staff
- Responsibility to ensure proactive action is taken on systems with monitoring and alerting capabilities
- 50% Provides assistance to NOC with troubleshooting to restore the more complex technical service and equipment problems by analyzing, identifying and diagnosing faults and symptoms
- Directs the recovery over critical situations
- Performs root cause analysis and develops checklists for typical problems
- Works in a team setting, sharing information and assisting to establish SWAT teams and support critical situation events
- 30% Performs administrative and operational duties
- Participates in various meetings and ensures proper turnover documentation has been prepared for the NOC
- Responsible for group's reporting
- Has input into team's reviews
- Evaluates and recommends new products for the NOC, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise
- Takes action on issues that appear as trends, perform research or prescribed tasks requested by support groups, and documents the findings to aid in finding the root cause, work around, or solution
- Contribute to department reference tools, methods, technical training, and subject documentation, to fulfill the needs of the NOC performing support. 20%
- 5 to 10 years of direct work experience inmoderate to complex IT hardware and software product problem solving/troubleshooting environment
- Prior leadership/ supervisory experience ispreferred but not required
- Education Associate Degree or Bachelor's Degreein Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
The above statements are intended to describe the generalnature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construedas an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required ofpersonnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer andcommitted to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experienceof our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business.We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protectedcategory.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age ofthe offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and jobrelatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's thebank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after anoffer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals whohave been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.