T.Y. Lin International Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at T.Y. Lin International Group
- Req No.
- Civil Engineering
The Civil Engineer will work with the Project Engineer/Project Manager to plan design and production. Primarily performing detailed design, analysis, engineering calculations and developing construction documents for a variety of civil/transportation projects. Also participate in creation and submission of technical reports, specifications and calculations. Candidates experience should include involvement in urban, rural highway and intersection design, traffic, drainage and site planning. Coordination of survey, grading, drainage and utilities a plus.
- Perform assignments using prescribed methods requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Adjust and correlate data, research code issues, applicable third party agency requirements, design options and document findings.
- Perform calculations and analysis using engineering formulas.
- Plan and design and layout of highway projects and details, including horizontal and vertical alignments, roadway geometrics including intersections and interchanges, roadway drainage, Right-of-Way plans, paving and marking plans and roadway cross-sections.
- Perform hydraulic analysis and design of storm drain and sewer systems.
- Preparation of stormwater management plans, preparation of erosion and sediment control plans.
- Prepare roadway design plans, profiles and geometric layout designs.
- Participate in field reviews and data collection, including traffic studies
- Assist in preparing Traffic Control and management Plans
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Prepare plans, specifications and cost estimates.
- Review project phasing and scheduling plans.
- Other assignments as needed
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, a California PE license and at least have a minimim of 6 to 10 years of experience. Applicable experience working on civil design projects, specifically highway designs. Must have working knowledge of MicroStation, AutoCAD, Civil 3-D and InRoads. Knowledge of Caltrans procedures and standards preferred. Must be capable of effective oral and written communication; work in a team-oriented manner and possess analytical and organizational skills.