Tribune Media Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Tribune Media Company
- Job ID
- Hiring Manager
- Shui Chan
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer - KTLA
Reports To: Engineering Manager
- Work in a deadline-oriented environment and handle multiple, simultaneous projects
- Daily troubleshooting and user support of KTLA’s air, production and news gathering operation
- Install and maintain computers to specifications as directed
- Attend to local users in both traditional office environment and real-time broadcast news environment. Be able to troubleshoot Windows and Mac OS workstations
- Troubleshoot problems in IT-based broadcast production and commercial playback automation systems. Work with system logs and work with vendors, software developers, corporate engineering, and end users to find and fix problems
- Must be versatile and have the ability to adapt to the diverse and changing hardware and software systems utilized at KTLA
- BS degree or equivalent certification in technical discipline, i.e., electrical, mechanical engineering or equivalent work experience. At least 3 years’ job experience as a Maintenance Engineer.
- Strong IT background and knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge of basic electronics, the electronic theory present in television broadcast equipment, and good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to efficiently complete assignments, independently determine and set priorities
- Have knowledge of: production and production automation system, switchers, audio boards, servers, studio cameras and robotics; master control automation systems; news gathering, microwave, satellite, and IP transmission/reception, field cameras, and NLE
- To install new gear and network equipment. Run, terminate network, video, audio, RF, and control cable as necessary
- Maintain and repair station equipment as directed. To efficiently analyze, troubleshoot, and correct malfunctioning equipment and systems. Utilize test equipment, schematic diagrams, and station drawings.
- Must have computer, server, and network knowledge as it applies to broadcast operations
- Ability to effectively listen and communicate with operators, directors, producers, and other KTLA staff
- Ability to work with a wide range of personalities in a creative and technical environment and to consistently work well with others.
- Ability to stand for long periods (greater than 1 hour) and to frequently lift weights up to 50 lbs
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.