Thunder valley Casino Resort
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Floating Sous Chef
at Thunder valley Casino Resort
- FOOD ADMINISTRATION
- Hire Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Minimum Age (Years)
- 21 or Above
- # of Openings Remaining
Thank you for your interest in employment at Thunder Valley Casino Resort! Thunder Valley Casino Resort is the only AAA Four Diamond property in Placer County. We’re always looking for superstar achievers to join our ranks either full or part time.
- Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Thunder Valley Casino’s "Winning Attitude" Company-wide culture and demonstrating Thunder Valley Casino’s AAA Four Diamond Service Standards at all times.
- Coordinates trains and oversees kitchen staff in meal production, preparation and presentation from kitchen to floor (including layout of buffets and cooking stations): with responsibility for maintaining quality and quantity control.
- Operates and oversees use of appliances including kitchen and other small kitchen appliances. Contacts appliance repair service with Thunder Valley Resort engineering.
- Provides input and suggestions to menus.
- Maintains standards of sanitation, kitchen hygiene, and food service techniques and safety. Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to insure that standards are met.
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation, cooking, and serving meats, sauces. Vegetables, soups, and other foods to ensure quality. Monitor Team Member’s worker performance.
- Ability to attend and pass Thunder Valley’s internal Alcohol Awareness training course; recognize guest intoxication.
- Requisition stock, materials, supplies or equipment.
- Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipes, when necessary.
- Follow set schedules and specific job duties.
- Display knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Follow SOP’s, recipe books and guidelines and have all necessary supplies to provide consistency and quality for four Diamond guest service.
- Maintain cleanliness, safety and sanitation standards in accordance with department policies and those of the Department of Indian Health.
- Ensure that kitchen and equipment are in good working order and that the work area is clean and hazard-free. Notify a supervisor immediately if kitchen and equipment are not in good working order.
- Give Corrective Counseling and bi-yearly evaluations.
- Co-responsible for all financial issues P&L and G&L.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, Team Members and management in both written and verbal form.
- Must manage time effectively with minimum supervision.
- Ability to handle high pace production.
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism and be willing to continuously improve.
- Must possess and demonstrate great attention to detail in order to maintain unit’s appearance and operating standards; using good judgment.
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of culinary experience.
- A complex understanding of coaching and counseling under a CBA contract.
- Able to read and write English sufficiently to communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Available to work weekends, holidays, late evenings and/or overnight shifts.
- Have basic chemical awareness training.
- Possess or obtain a California Food managers Card.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Requires normal, corrected vision range, the ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, push 150 to 250 lbs on a pushcart, and enter walk-ins of -10 degrees to 140 degrees with or without assistance. Handle heat from cooking appliances, food and washing materials.
- Ability to stand for duration of shift, walk frequently, bend and reach to a height of 6 feet with or without assistance.
- Requires normal sense of smell, taste, touch, and sound.
If you feel that this position is a great match for your interests and skills, click the button above to apply. Thank you again for considering joining the Thunder Valley Casino Resort team!