The Clorox Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Clorox Company
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with about 8,000 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2016 sales of $5.8 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products; Pine-Sol® cleaners; Liquid Plumr® clog removers; Poett® home care products; Fresh Step® cat litter; Glad® bags, wraps and containers; Kingsford® charcoal; Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces; Brita® water-filtration products; Burt's Bees® natural personal care products; and Renew Life® digestive health products. The company also markets brands for professional services, including Clorox Healthcare® and Clorox Commercial Solutions®. More than 80 percent of the company's sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
The Creative Director is an unstoppable creative leader and force of our Clorox agency who not only directs and manages a group of creative but also serves as a creative advocate and provocateur across the Marketing global function raising the bar for creativity and quality. The Creative Leader is responsible for the final quality of the creative product of the Clorox agency and can deftly supervise overall administrative and strategic direction of his or her teams. This person is a skilled relationship builder with deep credentials and a talent for driving creativity across many mediums -- traditional, modern and emerging. Someone who oversees and helps deliver the kind of creative marketing communications and strategic thinking elevates Clorox's brands and company. As a key collaborator, this person knows how to unite and motivate various agency departments towards a common goal.
- Ensures the quality and timeliness of the final output of all creative work produced to client expectations in association with the Account and Operations Leader, where applicable.
- Partners with Managing Lead to establish reasonable Agency revenue and Creative expense goals.
- Establishes relationships with senior client management (VPs of Marketing, Studio Leaders, R&D Design team, etc.).
- Garners the confidence and respect associated with a Creative leader. Establishes effective working relationships with Agency senior leaders.
- Creates actionable development plans for direct reports accompanied by effective ongoing dialogue with team members.
Other Scope Factors:
- Reports to Managing Lead -- Clorox Agency, and sits on the Clorox Agency Leadership Team.
- Has six direct reports including an associate creative director and five group creative managers. (although org design may change affecting # of direct reports)
- Creative department has approximately 20 Clorox employees and contractors in three locations: Oakland, CA, Durham, NC and Palm Harbor, FL.
Years and Type of Experience:
- Equivalent of 15+ years of relevant integrated agency (Design, Traditional, Digital, Social) creative experience.
- Enjoys a blend of traditional and digital creative experiences. No single litmus test for creative qualifications.
- Packaging Design Experience a must
- Demonstrates high level of talent in creative expression.
- Equivalent of 5+ years of experience managing creative personnel.
Skills and Abilities
- Superstar: Candidates currently in creative leadership positions at agencies or groups.
- Passion: Go-getter with the relentless pursuit of excellence in a competitive, changing landscape.
- Creativity: Strong creative sensibilities, able to drive and dig into the creative process, and champion work that moves the business and builds brands.
- Leadership: Proven track record setting creative vision and leading large creative teams and plans.
- Versatile and Savvy: Enjoys a blend of traditional and digital creative experiences. Traditional design experiences in brand, packaging, experiential, or print. Has worked developing digital experiences like platforms, CRM online video, social media, and mobile.
- Prudent: Has experience with managing the time and cost associated with creative output.
- Motivation: Strong relationship building and communications skills, able to balance demanding client needs while simultaneously motivating creative teams to do great work.
- People: Fits Clorox's temperament of being likeable and approachable. Exhibits strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation, promote enthusiasm and motivate relationship building.
- Bachelor Degree