The Clorox Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Brand Engagement Manager, Channel-- Professional Products Studio
at The Clorox Company
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with about 7,900 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2017 sales of $6.0 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products; Pine-Sol® cleaners; Liquid Plumr® clog removers; Poett® home care products; Fresh Step® cat litter; Glad® bags, wraps and containers; Kingsford® charcoal; Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces; Brita® water-filtration products; Burt's Bees® natural personal care products; and Renew Life® digestive health products. The company also markets brands for professional services, including Clorox Healthcare® and Clorox Commercial Solutions®. More than 80 percent of the company's sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Encompassing brand management, global insights and marketing communications, the mission of our Marketing team is to build brands consumers love. Together, we focus on creating and sustaining the lasting consumer and customer relationships that enable us to continually grow our brands. Assignments include establishing marketing best practices; developing and implementing marketing plans; leveraging consumer insights; creating, enforcing and evaluating business-building projects; and identifying and driving new product development opportunities.
The Manager, Channel supporting PPD will provide strategic oversight for the multi-channel media communications plan. This role is a Subject Matter Expert role (SME) for Media with extensive media knowledge to deliver the marketing goals for the Clorox Professional Products Company, the B2B division of The Clorox Company. This role is responsible for the direction, development and management of media strategy and investment choices inclusive of driving consumer engagement through innovation and oversight of performance management and delivery stewardship.
This role requires integration and collaboration with internal Team Leadership, as well as a partnership with multi-functional Subject Matter Experts, R&D, Sales, various agency partners and the spectrum of industry communities (including media, regulatory agencies, professional organizations, university researchers, advocacy groups, healthcare science and luminary institutions).
The role will have responsibility for activelycoaching and guiding the work and performance with direct oversight of a team of agency personnel (5-7).
The Content Expert will split his/her time between the Company's office headquarters in Oakland and Pleasanton, CA
Drive Strategy, Planning and Execution as Brand Engagement Discipline (Channel Planning) /Subject Matter Expert. Activate discipline specific tactics per the plan. Proactively report tactical results and recommend actions for improvement.
- Leads development of Media Strategy and Target choices to drive consumer engagement in channels/tactic decisions (with agency partners) drawing on knowledge, experience, and day-to-day involvement in the marketplace. Drives, streamlines, and implements Media Planning processes to set media goals, learning and experimentation agenda for Studio.
- Drive innovation in media buys and plans through partnerships with key media vendors in the community -- fostering new strategic opportunities. Use external lens with media community for driving creativity and innovation into Marketing Communications plan, leveraging trends & building relationships with industry thought leaders; Manages coordination and Project Management for tactical executions including Media Partnership activations.
- Leads performance management, measurement practices and learning agenda. Streamline communication and operationalize processes. Drive Performance Management practices towards goals including Financial accountability.
People Enable -- ManageMedia discipline Agency team.
- Manage agency teams: staffing/personnel, deliverables + quarterly & annual performance reviews. Set goals/objectives; contribute to staffing and scope of work requirements as well as performance management.
- Actively foster collaboration across other agency teams (Media, Creative, Website, Shopper Marketing, PR, etc.)
Partner across Brand Engagement Division & with the CoE:
- Educate the Studio team/organization/other Media SME's on capabilities, emerging media, program results and learnings; proactively drive and scale Studio learnings to other Studios and across Disciplines.
- Collaboration with CoE Teams and contribute to capability building efforts to maximize the return on Clorox's corporate media investments..
- Drive two -- way Communication plans between Studio and CoE
- Support capabilities to drive the evolution of Media
- Contribute and participate in training presentations for key capability areas as appropriate.
- Executecore practices and capabilities into the Studio
- 10 - 15 years Agency and Client side with relevant experience in media planning, media buying (traditional and digital).
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in B2B marketing, including planning/buying for trade print, email marketing, custom content, webinars, and conference sponsorships. Healthcare industry experience a strong plus.
- Demonstrated skills in both awareness-driving and lead gen campaign management
- Solid understanding of measurement with ability to propose different measurement solutions, given smaller, less sophisticated B2B publishers where traditional measurement/tracking may not be available
- Strong attention to detail given plans/programs that involve multiple small vendors with nuanced plan elements
- Solid understanding of media analysis/media math and aperture based media planning/investment foundation.
- Proven negotiation skills, ability to solidify relationships with vendors and a history of meeting deadlines.
- Proven experience in data driven analysis, application and associated technologies that enable the media strategies.
- Strong thought leadership and project management skills
- Thirst to broaden marketing skills beyond media planning/buying
- Proficient track record of collaboration across a variety of departments, including but not limited to marketing, creative and sales
- Up to date on latest media trends, innovation and consumer behavior
- This role can be 32 to 40 hours
- Bachelor's Degree - Communications, Advertising, Marketing or related field is preferred