The American Red Cross
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Supervisor - San Diego
at The American Red Cross
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Lead a team that’s dedicated and mission-driven to help save lives every day.
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team!
If you’re looking to gain new skills, help save lives and contribute to the mission of one of the nation’s most respected humanitarian organizations, consider a career in biomedical services at the American Red Cross. As a Red Cross employee, you’ll have opportunities to grow your career and be recognized and rewarded for your efforts. Most importantly, you’ll work alongside dedicated individuals like yourself who live the values of our organization every day. Join us for a career that helps save lives every day.
The American Red Cross is proud to be one of the Top-Rated Workplaces: Best Non-Profits and Top-Rated Workplaces: Veterans based on rankings and reviews on Indeed.
From leading our blood collection team, to going above and beyond to ensure that all donors have an optimum experience, as a Team Supervisor you will plan, manage and direct all aspects of blood collection at our fixed site in San Diego.
- Plan, manage and direct all aspects of blood collection and operations, while personally connecting with donors
- Supervise staff, including training and performance
- Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors
- Drive for results and to serve others with a high level of respect for customer service
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
- The aforementioned responsibilities of the Team Supervisor describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list
- Minimum two years of supervisory/leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of related education and experience required
- (if applicable) RN/LPN license required
- Basic computer skills are required
- A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required
- Basic computer skills are desirable
- Good verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively discuss procedures and medical issues with patients, families and physicians
- Previous apheresis or dialysis experience is strongly preferred
- Customer service experience, effective verbal communication and public relations skills are preferred
- Flexibility to work long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
At the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. We need people who want to contribute their individual talents to help their neighbors locally, across the country, and around the world. Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced professional, if you share our passion for helping people, join us in for a rewarding and challenging career opportunity that support our mission.