Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TEMP Personal Service Coordinator II (Full-Time Days/Mon-Fri) - Behavioral Health 181
at Telecare Corporation
Hear directly from Telecare SOAR employees, click link below
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 130 programs and over 4,000 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
As part of the Telecare Family, Sacramento Outreach Adult Recovery (SOAR) serves 150 adults ages 18-59 with serious, persistent mental illness.
Employment Status: Full-Time Temporary position
Shift: Days, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Days: Monday - Friday
Under direct supervision serves as a primary support and case manager for individuals with mental illness by assisting them to live as independently as possible in their chosen community.
• High School Graduation or G.E.D. equivalent and two (2) years of direct services in Mental Health or community services; or Associates degree and one (1) year of experience or Bachelor’s degree in Social Services
• Sensitivity to multi-cultural populations and issues is required
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Four (4) years’ experience in a mental health setting
• Experience in providing intensive case management, intensive community supports using biopsychosocial rehabilitation concepts is highly desirable
• Experience in a mental health setting, outpatient clinic, dual diagnosis treatment or community mental health service preferred
• Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Collaborate with members served to create Recovery Plan goals
• Ensure all services described in the Recovery Plan are provided
• Works effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Facilitate groups according to the needs and interests of members served
• Provide appropriate interventions in crisis situations
• On a rotating basis perform officer of the day functions for both wellness, duty and Stand by Duty tasks
• Collect required data and complete required documentation
• Coordinate transitions to lower levels of care
• Maintains awareness of community resources and assists members served in appropriate use of community resources
• Assists members served with all needs, including Activities of Daily Living
• Assists members served in making and getting to essential appointments
• Assists and advocates for members served in obtaining appropriate benefits; provide representative payee services
• Ensures that members served understand their legal status and rights
• Helps members served achieve greater independence and autonomy
• Safeguards confidentiality, adhere to HIPPA policies
• Provides transportation when needed and appropriate; linkage to community resources
• Must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in own personal vehicle (acceptable driving record and vehicle inspection for safety)
• Thorough understanding of the rights of members served and relevant legal processes
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Organization/Time management skills
• Good computer/technology skills
• Ability to assess safety risks
• Ability to gain trust and build rapport with diverse populations
• Excellent driving skills
• Knowledge of basic medical and psychiatric terminology
• Within three (3) months of employment, ability to apply financial requirements for billing and learn billing codes
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and power grasping. The position requires to drive and to frequent Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, hospital waste, Chemicals & Infections).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability