Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Residential Counselor (Housing) - Sacramento ARISE 368
at Telecare Corporation
Founded in 1965 Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to individuals with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 122 programs and over 3,680 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized By The Bay Area Business Times as the 13th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2019!
Telecare’s new ARISE (Adult Recovery in Strength‐Based Environment) program will serve 200 adult member high fidelity, strengths model Full Service Partnership (FSP) who meet criteria for the most intensive level of outpatient care and focus on three key populations with serious and persistent mental illness: individuals who are homeless, justice‐involved, and have co‐occurring substance use issues.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: 8am - 4:30pm
Days: Monday - Friday
The Residential Counselor provides direct and indirect housing services to both individuals and groups of members served. This role will be working at a housing center with 20 studios for Telecare members in North Highlands, CA as part of the Telecare Sacramento ARISE team.
• High School graduation or a G.E.D. equivalent
• At least one (1) year of direct service experience in a mental health setting
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Associates’ Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care
• Establishes, maintains, and co-facilitates a therapeutic relationship with members served
• Provides case management, schedules appointments, communicates with conservators and treatment teams, arranges and conducts group outings and activities
• Provides daily living assistance including promoting and assisting members served in developing self-help skills
• Orders, logs and distributes medication
• Maintains the inventory and orders equipment and supplies for activity programs, as directed
• Drives members served in the Program van on outings
• Completes incident reports and forwards to Supervisor in compliance with established policies and procedures
• Notifies appropriate agencies of any known or observed incidents of abuse
• Assists with admissions and discharges
• Provides medical assistance: takes temperatures, blood pressure, pulse and provides First Aid when needed
• Observes, records and reports members served behavior as per applicable State, County and Telecare guidelines
• Reviews and implements members served service plans
• Actively participates in team meetings and service planning meetings as directed
• Demonstrates knowledge of management of assaultive behavior techniques
• Responds to emergency/crisis situations
• If employed at Inpatient program, must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
• If employed at Outpatient program, must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Knowledge of psychiatric treatment modalities
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, twist, reach and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, push, pull and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive and be exposed to uneven walking ground.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability