Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Case Manager - Tesoro #370
at Telecare Corporation
NEW BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PROGRAM IN SAN DIEGO
ACUTE CARE STEP DOWN #370
Accepting members effective October 14, 2019.
Individuals aged 18-59 years old who are homeless with serious mental illness and who may have a co-occurring substance use disorder, and who are not connected to outpatient services and are being discharged from an Acute Care facility (Behavioral Health Unit (BHU)) as a step down to the community.
- Competitive administrative salary range
- Medical benefits for you dependents: United Healthcare PPO, United Healthcare HMO, Kaiser HMO
- Group Life Insurance
- Option to enroll in personal life insurance for you dependents
Employment Status: Full Time
Shift: 8:00 am - 4: 30 pm
Days: Monday - Friday
Under direct supervision serves as a primary support and case manager for individuals with mental illness by assisting them to live as independently as possible in their chosen community.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Sensitivity to multi-cultural populations and issues is required
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Four (4) years’ experience in a mental health setting
• Experience in providing intensive case management, intensive community supports using biopsychosocial rehabilitation concepts is highly desirable
• Experience in a mental health setting, outpatient clinic, dual diagnosis treatment or community mental health service preferred
• Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Collaborate with members served to create Recovery Plan goals
• Ensure all services described in the Recovery Plan are provided
• Works effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Facilitate groups according to the needs and interests of members served
• Provide appropriate interventions in crisis situations
• On a rotating basis perform officer of the day functions for both wellness, duty and Stand by Duty tasks
• Collect required data and complete required documentation
• Coordinate transitions to lower levels of care
• Maintains awareness of community resources and assists members served in appropriate use of community resources
• Assists members served with all needs, including Activities of Daily Living
• Assists members served in making and getting to essential appointments
• Assists and advocates for members served in obtaining appropriate benefits; provide representative payee services
• Ensures that members served understand their legal status and rights
• Helps members served achieve greater independence and autonomy
• Safeguards confidentiality, adhere to HIPPA policies
• Provides transportation when needed and appropriate; linkage to community resources
• Must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Thorough understanding of the rights of members served and relevant legal processes
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Organization/Time management skills
• Good computer/technology skills
• Ability to assess safety risks
• Ability to gain trust and build rapport with diverse populations
• Excellent driving skills
• Knowledge of basic medical and psychiatric terminology
• Within three (3) months of employment, ability to apply financial requirements for billing and learn billing codes
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and power grasping. The position requires to drive and to frequent Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, hospital waste, Chemicals & Infections).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability