TCS Education System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Southern California Campus Dean
at TCS Education System
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Campus Dean is responsible for supporting the overall academic and operational performance of the Los Angeles Campus. Academic and administrative excellence, growth and financial leadership are top priorities. The Campus Dean leads the campus efforts at academic planning, human resource development, provision of resources, alliance-building, accreditation and compliance, institutional planning and research, and productivity measurement and improvement. The Campus Dean is expected to be a strong communicator and leader on campus, within the school and in the community. The Campus Dean will perform a wide variety of tasks to ensure effective and efficient campus operations and administration. Additionally, they will support leadership in monitoring and directing the flow of services to all students, faculty, and staff to ensure operational procedures are being followed and seek improvement and advisement regarding those procedures throughout the entire campus operation. The position serves as an evening and weekend resource to external and internal constituent groups as required. The Campus Dean is also responsible for collaborating key leadership partners in managing the P&L. The Campus Dean will report to the President and maintain a strong relationship with Campus level admissions, Department Chairs, Department Managers, Student Support Counselor staff, executive cabinet members, and other administration/operations staff.
- Develop and promote long and short range goals for the campus
- Ensure quality academics in all aspects of teaching and learning (curriculum, delivery models, student learning outcomes)
- In collaboration with the Department Chairs, work to develop effective grassroots recruitment strategies to support enrollment.
- Build and grow student enrollment
- Plan and administer the campus annual budget, manage the revenues of the operation, and control the expenses
- Oversees and deliver desired campus financial results, ensuring the campus grows revenues and operating surplus according to approved budgets and long range plans
- Responsible in the management of student receivables, timely cash flow and accurate forecasting of financial results
- Access needs for campus resources and ensure that resources are planned for, acquired, and properly implemented
- Support the overall strategic operational processes for the campus by working with vice presidents, chairs, faculty, and major committees to assure the delivery of high quality academic services at the campus level.
- Assist in implementing annual and organizational goals in a manner that ensures the campus’ fiscal and operational success.
- Allocate operational resources to best support the academic goals of the campus.
- Ensure effective campus operations (including evening, residencies, and weekend activities), and recommend operational improvements.
- Build and maintain a climate of operational excellence, professional integrity, and, in doing so, support a climate of academic excellence. Encourage and reward the development of innovative new programs, initiatives and policies.
- Work with the faculty and staff to provide leadership to fulfill campus and institutional advancement and sponsored program goals.
- Provide leadership and support for the recruitment and retention of diverse employees.
- Maintain connectivity with local and regional colleges and universities, as well as with other professional organizations, for student and staff recruitment, and other relevant collaborative efforts.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Senior level experience in higher education administration with a strong record of operational leadership and a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement
- Strong understanding of online learning and distance-education
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership in accreditation processes
- Very strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Evidence of successful decision making in a collaborative environment
- A commitment to assessment, metrics, and continuous improvement
- A commitment to furthering the mission of The Chicago School through growth with quality
- Experience with budget management
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company:The Chicago School of Professional Psychology