Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Project Manager
at Taylor Design
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager with extensive experience in healthcare architecture to work with our growing list of clients in the Los Angeles area. This is a perfect opportunity for someone with an entrepreneurial drive and strong client relationship skills to help grow our new office in Los Angeles. You will be a part of a larger Southern California team that includes Orange and San Diego counties. The role entails the successful completion of projects, managing all phases of projects from conceptual design through construction document delivery. Opportunities to work in a creative and collaborative environment developing diverse project types associated with the delivery of healthcare, higher education, and science and technology sectors. The right candidate must be capable and experienced, with authority to speak for Taylor Design with the client and to direct and expedite the work.
- Participation in business development and helping to grow our Los Angeles office
- Responsibility for overseeing the efficient production of multiple projects
- Providing leadership at the project level, interacting with clients, staff and consultants
- Development of the project budget, manage contracts and monitor financial progress
- Participation in firm-wide resource allocation planning and forecasting
- Active participation in quality control and maintaining conformance with firm wide standards for all documentation
- Communicate with consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and other disciplines to resolve project details and technical issues
- Foster and maintain a collaborative professional working relationship within the firm
- Licensed Architect
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field from an accredited program, and/or 10+ years' experience
- Experience in healthcare, science and technology, or education preferred
- Demonstrated history of success in leading a team and managing a multiple projects, including the ability to monitor, adjust and maintain scope, schedule and budget for medium to large size projects under multiple delivery methods, such as Design Assist, Design Build, Design/Bid/Build, etc.
- Strong leadership and relationship-building skills, including the ability to recognize and maneuver through client and agency political roadblocks and avoid potential “landmines”.
- OSHPD Experience preferred and an ability to successfully work with governmental agencies
- Detailed oriented with excellent language skills and grammar accuracy
- Strong knowledge of industry and market sector trends
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines; LEED AP a plus
- Advanced knowledge of QA/QC process
- Advanced knowledge of influential policies, regulations, and building codes
- Strong knowledge of MS Project, Excel and Word software platforms with the ability to concisely and accurately generate scope, schedule and budget scenarios for multiple projects.
If this position sounds like it may be the right move for you and your career path, please send your resume to HR@WeAreTaylor.com
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Paid Parental Leave
- Holiday pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and voluntary Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Education Allowance
- Professional Development Training
Taylor Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.