Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Architectural Designer
at Taylor Design
The Senior Designer will help build the architectural practices in each of our three offices in California. We are looking for a leader who can mentor, lead design teams and expand our knowledge base. Exceptional design and communication skills, a portfolio of innovative design concepts, and an emphasis on built work are desired.
- Involvement in all phases of the design process including programming, schematic design, design development and construction documents and construction administration
- Interaction with clients while representing Taylor Design at meetings and presentations
- Active in presentation techniques to communicate clearly design concepts to client and project teams.
- Close collaboration and communication with design teams, clients, consultants, contractors and vendors
- Leading, developing and mentoring design teams within the office.
- Partner with the Director of Architecture in building the architectural practice firm wide.
- 15+ years’ professional experience including proven track record of leading the design of mid to large-scale projects within the healthcare, science & technology, and higher education markets.
- Advanced degree in Architecture
- Experience creating and developing overall design concepts and formulating design presentation strategies.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding graphic presentation skills
- Strong leadership, management and mentoring skills
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships across the firm, with clients and with other key constituents
- Strong communicator with excellent verbal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex design concepts to clients
- A sense of business acumen to advise and guide clients as required
- High level of proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Suite required
- Proficiency in Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, Deltek Vision, and NewForma a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a positive attitude, strong work ethic
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Paid Parental Leave
- Holiday pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and voluntary Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Education Allowance
- Professional Development Training
If this position sounds like it may be the right move for you and your career path, please send your resume and portfolio in PDF format to HR@WeAreTaylor.com or visit us at Jobs.WeAreTaylor.com