Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Architectural Job Captain
at Taylor Design
The Job Captain is an integral member of the project team, coordinating and working on all phases of projects from planning and conceptual design through construction. Responsibilities and duties include development of building information models, the development of construction documents and project team coordination.
- Be a champion for Taylor Design’s core values by demonstrating humility, a curious mind and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Works collaboratively within a design team from concept through contract documents under supervision of the Project Manager to produce project deliverables, ensuring the design intent is consistent and well executed.
- Strong interest in professional growth within the architectural industry
- Production of design and construction documents under supervision of the Project Manager
- Effectively coordinates all phases of project execution using BIM and other design technology tools
- Assists the Project Manager to ensure compliance with design intent, and that work is completed efficiently as planned, budgeted, and scheduled
- Coordinates with the Project Manager to ensure project resources are scheduled and used effectively
- Communicates with consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and other disciplines to ensure project deliverables are developed, clarifies technical issues and project information with project team
- Initiates and maintains contact with other key project individuals for clarification, coordination and negotiation of critical issues
- Actively participates in researching, selecting and resolving construction materials, assemblies and details
- Provides technical advice and solves complex issues
- Responsible for quality control and maintaining conformance with office standards for all documentation
- Participates in and promotes the on-going development of firm wide BIM applications, templates and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent in education, Autodesk Revit Certified Professional certification, and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an architectural office setting
- High level of proficiency in Autodesk Revit and/or AutoCAD within the architectural discipline
- Strong and growing knowledge of architectural exterior and interior building systems, knowledge of materials, and an interest in design, construction administration or project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Working toward becoming a California Registered Architect
- Experience in traditional delivery methods, Design/Build, and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD)
- Understanding of project work plans, schedules, resource planning and budgets
- Proficiency in Bluebeam Revu, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Newforma, and Deltek Vision