Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
User Experience Designer
at Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc.
What you’ll be doing:
At Tandem, we rely on new ideas, and people who keep their minds open to how to make them happen, to deliver products that can change people’s lives. As our newest User Experience Designer, you will contribute to the consumer-oriented GUI of Tandem’s sleek, high-tech insulin pumps. You’ll be an active participant in generating inspired, innovative, elegant and highly usable interaction design solutions, and play a contributing role in defining user experiences for new products.
Who we are:
Here at Tandem, Diabetes is all we do and we are dedicated to making the lives of people with diabetes better and better, through relentless innovation. “In Tandem” means together, and we strive to embody that in every aspect of our business. We believe that working in tandem, not in isolation, is the best way to continually exceed expectations.
We’ve have been named one of the fastest growing insulin pump companies in the U.S! Why? Designed, assembled and supported from our San Diego, CA headquarters, Tandem has created the simple-to-use t:slim X2 Insulin Pump, which is the smallest pump available, the only color touch-screen insulin pump capable of remote feature updates, and the first CGM-enabled pump approved to let users make treatment decisions without pricking their finger.
Read more about our company & culture here: https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers/life-at-tandem and see what our customers are saying here: #tsliminthewild
What you need for this position:
- BA in Interaction Design or in a related fine arts/graphic design field preferred or equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience
- 3 years experience in user experience design interfaces for mobile, web and/or desktop and commercial graphic design, marketing, and website design and development
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop and illustrator
- Experience in Omnigraffle, Sketch, or similar UX design programs
- Experience in Invision or similar prototyping tools
- Visual Design skills with familiarity in selecting color palettes and designing screen layouts and typography
- Competence to design products that benefit consumers by being both pleasurable and easy to use
- A basic grasp of graphic, web, and software design principles as well as the limitations associated with these environments
- An excellent eye for design detail
- Knowledge of user interface design principles, best practices and standards
- Aptitude for taking input from multiple sources and for synthesizing it into coherent designs
- Ability to move easily between conceptual and detail design activities
- Experience employing an iterative, user-centric design process
What’s in it for you?
- We’ve got you covered. We offer a robust benefits package to support your health and your family. From medical, dental, and vision, to flexible spending accounts for both health and dependent care – Tandem’s got you covered!
- Stay well with us. Enjoy the outdoors during your workday by biking, running, or walking on one of our nearby trails. Or check out our offsite gym, which boasts luxurious amenities including specialty fitness classes and state-of-the-art equipment.
- Invest in your career. Tandem offers all employees access to training and development programs and courses to help keep your career and skillset updated, not outdated.
- Live your life. Relax with 20 days of paid time off and celebrate 10 paid holidays in your first year. Save for your future with a company-provided 401(k) plan. Look forward to saving money on tickets to the San Diego Zoo, movies, restaurants, and so much more with our exclusive employee discount program.
- Celebrate in Tandem. Join in monthly employee get-togethers, tacos for Cinco de Mayo, corned beef for St. Patrick’s Day, costume-contest for Halloween, and the annual JDRF walk.