Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Systems Engineer
Pay: $120,000 to $125,000/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7991
Sr. Systems Engineer- Simply Biotech (7991)
Immediate opening for a Sr. Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA who possesses:
- 10+ years’ experience with the development lifecycle of new product development
- 5+ years’ experience with medical device product development
- 5+ years’ Systems Engineering experience
- Project Management experience with software and hardware
Key Attributes & Skills
- BS Degree in a related engineering or science discipline (MS degree or PhD highly regarded)
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, contribute solutions, and remain flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative style and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent and innate engineering aptitude
- Ability to work closely with client organizations to ensure delivery to their needs
- Good project administration and management skills
- Accredited post graduate qualifications providing specialist expertise (e.g. optics, fluidics, materials, etc)
- Experience in design transfer and manufacturing establishment
- Knowledge of personal care devices, diagnostic instruments, and biomedical applications
- Direct experience in consulting environment
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Leadership and team building
- Superior diagnosis and problem-solving skills
- Sound judgment with ability to balance big picture thinking and attention to detail
- Positive, energetic, and self-motivated character
- Naturally self-aware and adaptable to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Email resumes to email@example.com or call 858.683.8630
Simply Biotech specializes in recruiting exclusively for the biotech community. We are currently seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer for a leading and growing biotech firm.
As a Senior Systems Engineer with the company you will lead systems engineering activities on diagnostic, cell therapy, and medical device development programs. Working with and leading a cross-functional team, you will conceive and design system solutions that exceed client expectations. Your accountability will include the quality and robustness of these products.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Provide technical leadership to teams of cross-functional engineers (ME, EE, SW, ID) and scientists on projects, delivering project outcomes on time, on budget, and achieving client satisfaction.
- Consult with clients to understand what they want to achieve, define system requirements, and offer technical solutions that will meet their needs.
- Deliver robust and high-quality solutions that are compliant with applicable business, performance, and regulatory requirements (including meeting product cost targets and following FDA QSR).
- Manage technical risk and safety on development programs. Provide technical supervision, identify issues, and lead problem solving activities when required. Conduct technical reviews and assess quality.
- Plan and manage system requirements and verification activities on instrument/device development programs.
- Support Program Managers and Business Developers in securing new development programs by providing technical support and input to preliminary concepts, development approach, budget and timeline estimates.
- Lead and/or contribute to continuous improvement initiatives. Identify new technologies and opportunities to keep the group and business ahead of the industry.
- Domestic: Up to 2 times per month
- International: Up to 3 times per year
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858.683.8630
More information can be found at www.simplybiotech.com