Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pay: $18 to $21/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7966
R&D Assistant- Simply Biotech (7966)
Immediate opening for a R&D Assistant in North San Diego, CA who possesses:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the sciences preferred
- Experience in providing administrative support to product development team
- Familiar with documents such as batch records, test results, pilot production reports, etc.
Key Attributes & Skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology would also be beneficial.
- Must be pro-active and possess the ability to problem solve. Must be able to take the initiative and responsibility for independent projects.
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and efficient, possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be poised when meeting with outside vendors for additional exposure to the nutraceutical and food industries.
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and as a team member within Product Development and with all other departments within the company.
- Must be willing to learn new technical information.
- Computer competency with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Access, MS Project, and PowerPoint.
- In addition, maintaining confidentiality of company sensitive and proprietary information is a must.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858.217.4686
Simply Biotech specializes in recruiting exclusively for the biotech community. We are currently seeking a R&D Assistant for a leading and growing biotech firm.
This position is responsible for assisting the members of the product development team including but not limited to computer support (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, MS Project, PowerPoint), contacting vendors to request samples, pricing, quality of raw materials, tracking and managing specific project related tasks, set-up and maintenance of departmental files, preparation of regulatory and technical documentation in support of product development team.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for managing the qualification of new and replacement raw materials as assigned.
- Evaluate supplier’s raw material specifications for determining their suitability for inclusion for replacement and/or new ingredients
- On-going internal and external technical support to ensure production needs are met and customer requests satisfied.
- Build strategic relationship and maintain effective communications with vendors
- Support Quality in the vendor qualification.
- Coordinate and maintain tracking logs for product development tasks to ensure logs are up-to-date and accurate.
- Provide administrative support to product development team to include but not limited to filing, copying, mailing, phone, and email follow-up.
- Assist in preparation of regulatory and technical documents.
- Assist in sourcing, pricing, and qualification of new materials/new vendors for formulations and maintaining tracking logs
- Assist in sending and receiving compliance documents from suppliers.
- Assist in coordinating and tracking pilot production, pilot production scheduling and different aspects of projects as assigned.
- Assist in ensuring pilot production has the required materials and resources to complete production
- Assist in ensuring documents such as specs, formula, batch record, test results, pilot production report, etc. are transferred to QA Document Control in a timely manner
- Assist in coordinating special projects as needed, such as clinical studies, International Product Development, and Registration documentation, etc.
- Assist in front office phone duties to relieve Front Desk Coordinator during breaks.
- Other duties maybe assigned.
- Must complete all required cGMP and EH&S Training Curriculum to include additional training in accordance to federal and state standards.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop and kneel; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and stand up to 8 hours.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Lifting requirement: Up to 30 pounds.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com or call 858.217.4686
More information can be found at www.simplybiotech.com