Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Controls Manager
at Swinerton Builders
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Job Description Summary:The primary responsibility of this position is to proactively monitor project risk through the analysis of project cost & schedule data. The Project Controls Manager (PCM) will work closely with the project management team to ensure accuracy and timeliness in project cost and schedule reporting, and to identify areas of project risk. The PCM will collaborate with senior management, field operations, and the project team to identify and implement corrective measures.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Training teams and individuals in:
- Philosophies and techniques for
- Accurate labor productivity tracking
- Accurate cost forecasting & projection
- Use of CMiC system for cost reporting
- Philosophies and techniques for
- Support for project teams during monthly reporting period; early identification of, and added support for, teams that are struggling (with CMiC platform or philosophical approach to monetizing risk)
- Data analysis and identification of project risks
- Summarization of cost metrics across fleet of jobs to facilitate “big picture” understanding by executives and senior managers. Use of Power BI is desired.
- Gathering and leveraging of project metrics to provide historical cost data that can drive estimating and sales
- Close coordination with Sr. Scheduler to correlate schedule changes with cost reporting and assess overall project risk & opportunity
- Other as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 10- years construction industry experience in project management, controls, or accounting, with emphasis on project risk management
- Strong understanding of cost forecasting, and labor productivity; skilled with enterprise cost control software (CMiC preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Solar power plant construction and/or basic knowledge of systems and function
- Use of Power BI for data analysis
The PCM will report to the Business Operations Manager, based in San Diego, CA. Travel is required; the PCM will be required to visit jobsites around the continental US to work with Project Managers onsite and verify field productivity
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Swinerton provides commercial construction services throughout the United States, delivering innovative solutions and outstanding service to our customers for time-tested buildings and facilities. Over our 125-year history, Swinerton has earned a strong reputation as the Premier Builder in the West. As a 100% employee-owned quality contractor, we hire the best people, give them exceptional training, and provide robust opportunities for professional growth.
Swinerton has built a strong reputation as an employee-owned quality contractor. We hire the best people, give them exceptional training and provide them with the opportunities and the responsibilities that allow them to learn and develop professionally. Swinerton values and recognizes our employees as the essential ingredient to our lasting success. As a 100% employee-owned company, we invest greatly in the personal and professional well-being of our people. Together, we have created an excellent place to work; when people join Swinerton, they tend to stay. We strive for a positive work environment that encourages outstanding performance while making room for fun. We also believe that happy, healthy employees lead to a highly productive company, and we are proud to offer a robust benefits package to support individual and collective success.
Swinerton is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Minority, Women, Disability, and Veteran Employer.
Our Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We have a commitment to provide equal hiring, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, layoff and recall benefits to all individuals without regard to gender, race, color, religion, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal or state laws or local ordinance or regulation.
We are committed to the safety and security of everyone interested in our company–including those who visit us online. Please note that Swinerton will only invite you to submit work history and personal information related to employment through our career portal WorkDay (which requires the set-up of a login) and communication will only come from individuals with an email address ending in @swinerton.com.
If you receive fraudulent communication please inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.