Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Journeyman Concrete Laborer
at Swinerton Builders
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Primary Location:San Diego CA
Additional Job Posting Locations:
Job Description Summary:Assist with manual labor for self-performed construction trades. At times may act as a lead for a small crew providing direction, instructions and guidance to achieve a common goal.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Perform tasks involving physical labor at building, highway, and heavy construction projects, excavations, and demolition sites
- Clean and prepare construction sites, dig trenches, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris
- Operate hand and power tools of various types
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials
- Lubricate, clean, and repair machinery, equipment, and tools
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications
- Operate forklift or skid loader (must hold current applicable license)
- Install and maintain perimeter construction fencing and screening
- Fuel equipment on-site
- Install safety mesh protection
- Assist Swinerton Self Perform trades including but not limited to cement, drywall, carpentry and electrical with all general laborer tasks and needs
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to learn new skills with attention to detail
- Lift and/or pull 75lbs., climb ladders, work off ladders, man lifts or other equipment
- Ability to maintain a standing position for extended periods of time, fully squat, bend or kneel while wearing a tool belt
- Capable of working in a variety of weather conditions
- Uphold Swinerton Core Values of Integrity, Leadership, Passion and Excellence at all times
- Adhere to all OSHA and Swinerton safety practices and procedures
- Support activities at all Swinerton job-sites as directed
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Swinerton provides commercial construction services throughout the United States, delivering innovative solutions and outstanding service to our customers for time-tested buildings and facilities. Over our 125-year history, Swinerton has earned a strong reputation as the Premier Builder in the West. As a 100% employee-owned quality contractor, we hire the best people, give them exceptional training, and provide robust opportunities for professional growth.
Swinerton has built a strong reputation as an employee-owned quality contractor. We hire the best people, give them exceptional training and provide them with the opportunities and the responsibilities that allow them to learn and develop professionally. Swinerton values and recognizes our employees as the essential ingredient to our lasting success. As a 100% employee-owned company, we invest greatly in the personal and professional well-being of our people. Together, we have created an excellent place to work; when people join Swinerton, they tend to stay. We strive for a positive work environment that encourages outstanding performance while making room for fun. We also believe that happy, healthy employees lead to a highly productive company, and we are proud to offer a robust benefits package to support individual and collective success.
Swinerton is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Minority, Women, Disability, and Veteran Employer.
Our Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We have a commitment to provide equal hiring, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, layoff and recall benefits to all individuals without regard to gender, race, color, religion, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal or state laws or local ordinance or regulation.
We are committed to the safety and security of everyone interested in our company–including those who visit us online. Please note that Swinerton will only invite you to submit work history and personal information related to employment through our career portal WorkDay (which requires the set-up of a login) and communication will only come from individuals with an email address ending in @swinerton.com.
If you receive fraudulent communication please inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.