Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Concrete Labor Foreman
at Swinerton Builders
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Job Description Summary:Plan, organize, supervise, and provide expertise in performing job-site general labor functions. Consult with clients and contractors in a professional manner, assigning tasks, making sure general labor jobs are completed in due time and ensure work is performed according to Swinerton standards. Discipline, mentor and monitor performance of employees. Support activities at all Swinerton job-sites as directed.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage workers in the performance of both skilled and unskilled labor
- Monitor project's progress and provide jobs final approval upon completion
- Schedule manpower, estimate time, material, equipment and supplies needed
- Develop work schedules and crew assignments
- Maintain records of operations
- Monitor inventories and request supplies and equipment
- Ensure work areas are properly maintained
- Utilize a proactive approach to anticipate and resolve potential issues
- Consult with clients and contractors in a professional manner
- Coordinate with Vendors for deliveries and pick-ups
- Develop and manage JHA’s, ensure crews are working safely and properly trained
- Enter daily laborers time in Exaktime (Swinerton timekeeping system)
- Identify and correct safety hazards
- Capable of reading and understanding Blue Prints
- Ensure jobs are completed in due time and ensure work in performed according to Swinerton standards.
- Discipline, mentor and monitoring performance of employees
- Coordinate and maintain crew safety, equipment and tool training
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience as a Labor Foreman or similar role
- Considerable knowledge of construction industry
- Lift and/or pull 75lbs., climb ladders, work off ladders, man lifts or other equipment
- Ability to maintain a standing position for extended periods of time, fully squat, bend or kneel while wearing a tool belt
- Display basic computer skills
- Capable of working in a variety of weather conditions
- Uphold Swinerton Core Values of Integrity, Leadership, Passion and Excellence at all times
- Adhere to all OSHA and Swinerton safety practices and procedures
- Support activities at all Swinerton job-sites as directed
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Swinerton provides commercial construction services throughout the United States, delivering innovative solutions and outstanding service to our customers for time-tested buildings and facilities. Over our 125-year history, Swinerton has earned a strong reputation as the Premier Builder in the West. As a 100% employee-owned quality contractor, we hire the best people, give them exceptional training, and provide robust opportunities for professional growth.
Swinerton has built a strong reputation as an employee-owned quality contractor. We hire the best people, give them exceptional training and provide them with the opportunities and the responsibilities that allow them to learn and develop professionally. Swinerton values and recognizes our employees as the essential ingredient to our lasting success. As a 100% employee-owned company, we invest greatly in the personal and professional well-being of our people. Together, we have created an excellent place to work; when people join Swinerton, they tend to stay. We strive for a positive work environment that encourages outstanding performance while making room for fun. We also believe that happy, healthy employees lead to a highly productive company, and we are proud to offer a robust benefits package to support individual and collective success.
Swinerton is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Minority, Women, Disability, and Veteran Employer.
Our Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We have a commitment to provide equal hiring, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, layoff and recall benefits to all individuals without regard to gender, race, color, religion, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal or state laws or local ordinance or regulation.
We are committed to the safety and security of everyone interested in our company–including those who visit us online. Please note that Swinerton will only invite you to submit work history and personal information related to employment through our career portal WorkDay (which requires the set-up of a login) and communication will only come from individuals with an email address ending in @swinerton.com.
If you receive fraudulent communication please inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.