SWCA Environmental Consultants
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cultural Resources Project Manager
at SWCA Environmental Consultants
- Requisition Number
- # of Openings
- Office Location
- US-CA-San Diego
- Cultural Resources/Archaeology
- Hire Type
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Cultural Resources Project Manager for our growing San Diego, California office. The Cultural Resources Project Manager is a core member of the Cultural Resources Program, with ultimate responsibility for successfully winning and executing projects, and leading all aspects of project implementation. This is a regular, full-time, salaried position that will report to a Cultural Resources Team Lead. This position is a great career growth opportunity to join SWCA’s expanding practice.
What you will accomplish
- Project implementation to include staffing, fieldwork, research, report writing, and Quality Assurance/ Quality Control (QA/QC) review.
- Authors proposal scopes and budgets; leads proposals in their entirety.
- Supervises personnel in the field, office, and laboratory.
- Collaborates with SWCA’s managers, directors, and principal investigators on technical and business development efforts throughout the company.
- Maintains SWCA’s high standard of scientific ethics and quality assurance, and is motivated to identify and resolve problems in creative ways.
- Collaborate as part of an interdisciplinary environmental team.
- Assists in the continuing development of SWCA’s Cultural Resource Program and expands SWCA’s professional reputation in cultural resources consulting and research throughout California and beyond.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Master’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or a closely related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in cultural resources management (CRM) on a variety of project types, sizes, regions, and agencies, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in CRM in a supervisory capacity, whether in the field or in the office.
- Experience managing CRM projects, including budgets, scheduling, and scopes of work preferred.
- Meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards in archaeology.
- Qualified for listing on the California statewide Bureau of Land Management permit is required.
- Extensive experience with California archaeology, or similar cultural area.
- Experience working with major electric utilities clients in California preferred.
- Experience with implementing the California Environmental Quality Act, National Historic Preservation Act Sections 106 and 110, and National Environmental Policy Act permitting processes.
- Experience with tribal consultation.
- Possess advanced skills and knowledge in one or more specialty scientific areas (e.g., lithic, ceramic, or faunal analysis; osteology; historical archaeology).
- Has completed all aspects of a project, from pre-field tasks to final report preparation for a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies.
- Prior report authorship in a CRM context.
- Has provided QA/QC review of field documents, site forms, and reports.
- Has led large crews and/or multiple crews on a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies.
- Has worked on an interdisciplinary team of subject matter experts and planners.
- Has conducted and is interested in conducting marketing, business development, and proposal writing.
- Excellent technical writing skills with a record of completing technical reports in a timely fashion.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in project needs, agency requests, and more.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of colleagues, clients, and agency representatives.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.