STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY ASSOCIATES
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager (Structural Engineering Consultant)
at STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY ASSOCIATES
# of Openings:
Structural Integrity Associates, Inc. is looking for a highly motivated professional consultant to serve in a duel role as a Project Manager and Structural Engineering Consultant for our Critical Structures & Facilities business unit in our San Diego, California office.
The Project Manager/Structural Engineering Consultant will manage small and medium-sized projects and perform structural engineering consulting services on advanced structural analysis-type projects. This engineer will be licensed as a professional engineer and be able to function independently on projects and provide supervision and direction to project team members. Common tasks for this position include:
- Management of project budget, cost, and schedule
- Developing positive client relationships and new business with existing clients
- Review and understanding of standard engineering consultant contract’s terms and conditions
- Supervision of a project team
- Establishing and providing clear and open lines of communication within a project team
- Performing structural engineering analysis and design
- Preparing technical reports and calculations documents
- Managing safety, quality control, and providing associated documentation on projects
Experience should include performing engineering and managing projects that require advanced structural analysis such as dynamic seismic analysis, non-linear finite element modeling, advanced mechanics of material behavior, forensic evaluations, and custom equipment and piping analysis. Experience in blast, shock, and impact analysis is a plus.
- BS in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited university
- Professional Engineer (PE) with a license active in at least one State
- Proficient using advanced finite element analysis software platforms
- 10 years of professional engineering experience with 5 of those including project management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to 20% of time)
- MS/PhD in structural engineering
- Structural industry leader through technical publications and/or participation in industry code and guideline committees
- Project management professional training
- Business development background and experience
- Expertise in ANSYS, ABAQUS, and LS-DYNA
Structural Integrity Associates, Inc., founded in 1983, is an engineering consulting firm of approximately 300 highly qualified professionals and support personnel and 11 office locations. Structural Integrity possesses products and expertise that span all aspects of structural integrity in industrial components and equipment. In addition to our analytical services, Structural Integrity offers a full spectrum of state-of-the-art NDE inspection and metallurgical services.
Why Consider SI?
- Employee-owned company – Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Robust compensation and benefits programs
- Incomparable industry reputation
- Team-oriented, inclusive work environment
We offer competitive pay and relocation might be considered.
Visit our Careers page at www.structint.com.
EEO Employer / Vet / Disabled
Certain positions at SI may require access to information and technology which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations and may result in SI limiting its consideration of certain applicants.