Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient & Family Care Advocate
at Silverado Associates
Silverado Hospice. Passion. Possibilities. Purpose.
Silverado Associates know that there is no substitute for a meaningful career. We take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of what we do, and we feel fortunate to be part of a family that is unified in this commitment. We get the chance to learn every day, the opportunity to grow, and the ability to help others. At Silverado, it is about ENRICHING LIVES!
Silverado is presently seeking a Patient & Family Care Advocate for our Hospice team.
Bi-lingual candidates preferred!
Meet our associates and learn why they love working with Silverado: http://www.silverado.com/recruiting/meet-our-team/
Summary of Major Functions:
- The qualified candidate will work with our sales and marketing department as a representative that meets with families after receiving a valid professional referral for hospice.
- Provides an explanation of the hospice benefit to patients and families and works with the families to insure their understanding and in the signing of consents to come on to hospice.
- Internally, the candidate will work closed with the Admissions department to communicate follow-up and update on all daily referrals and their status.
- They will insure all compliance with state, federal and JCAHO referral/intake regulatory requirements.
- Supports Silverado Hospice’s sales and marketing team in building and monitoring community and customer perceptions and provide a high quality of customer service.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for additional and improved services to meet unmet customer and family needs.
- Maintains working knowledge of community services and resources and assists referral sources and families in accessing community resources should service not be provided by hospice.
- Understands and maintains HIPPA guidelines for patient confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills are a must and degrees related to communication, psychology, social work and related fields are preferred
- Professional or volunteer-related experience with the elderly, and/or end of life care experience is a plus.
- Inside, consultative or phone sales experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent time management and the ability to multi-task are required.
- Ability to work with in a highly engaged team environment with the aptitude for compassion and relationship building will be needed.
- Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record, and current auto insurance.
- Must have own transportation. -
- Ability to read, write and speak English. Bilingual would be a plus.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor at all times while representing Silverado.
- Must be comfortable working in an environment with pets.
- Willing to demonstrate passion and ability to work with patients and families at the end of life.
To apply, please visit our website at www.silverado.com/careers
At Silverado, we sincerely appreciate our Associates! Silverado has been awarded the Best Place to Work Award in both Texas and Southern California. Silverado offers competitive pay and great benefits for full-time associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with an employer match, vacation, and sick time as well as great opportunities for growth.
To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Silverado are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well as drug screening, a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Silverado also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.