Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hospice RN Case Manager
at Silverado Associates
Silverado Hospice, a leading provider of end-of-life care, is presently seeking a Full-Time Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager to join our growing Hospice care team in San Diego!
Nursing at Silverado is different. Our nurses join Silverado for the culture and the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships with patients, families and associates. As a member of our team, you can take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of your compassion and the many lives that you will enrich. Our Registered Nurse Case Managers enjoy a dynamic environment that focuses on quality end-of-life care delivery.
To apply, please visit our website at www.silverado.com/careers
- The Hospice RN is an experienced registered professional nurse who initiates and coordinates the hospice care plan, provides skilled and palliative care and coordinates the services provided to his/her patients.
- The RN works cooperatively with the attending physician, Hospice Medical Director, and other members of the interdisciplinary Hospice team.
- The RN participates in patient care conferences and supervises the Hospice Aides assigned.
- The RN provides care, as described in this position description, to patients who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- The RN regularly reviews and updates the plan of care.
- Performs prescribed medical treatments, including pain management and symptom control, conducts assessments and evaluations, provides education and supportive care to patient and caregiver.
General responsibilities include:
- Develop a detailed Plan of Care for assigned patients ensuring all services needed are identified and met while working closely with the Interdisciplinary Group, patient, family and attending physician.
- Responsible for the coordination of care for the patient and family, providing skilled and palliative care for the remainder of patient’s life.
- Provide comprehensive nursing evaluations and assessments.
- Provide field supervision to LVN’s and Home Health Aides assigned to your patients.
- Occasional on-call.
- Filed case management.
Ideal candidate background includes:
- Hospice experience preferred. At least one year of recent hospice experience along with a strong foundation of acute care experience.
- Registered Nurse with valid state license. BSN preferred. Certification in Hospice and Palliative Nursing desired.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, reliable transportation and willingness to drive to patient locations.
- Ideal candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for Hospice.
Meet our associates and learn why they love working with Silverado:
At Silverado, we sincerely appreciate our Associates! Silverado has been awarded the Best Place to Work Award in both Texas and Southern California. Silverado offers competitive pay and great benefits for full-time associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with an employer match, vacation, and sick time as well as great opportunities for growth.
Learn more about our Silverado Benefits: http://www.silveradobenefits.com
To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Silverado are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well as drug screening, a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Silverado also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.