Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Controls Specialist
at Sierra Lobo
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Experience (Years)
- Type of Position
- Regular Full-Time
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Visa Requirements
- Citizen only
Perform a variety of contract business office management and administrative functions (from simple to complex) in support of the Rocket Technology Engineering Services (RTES) contract at the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Rocket Lab at Edwards AFB, CA. This individual reports directly to the RTES contract Program Manager (PM), working closely with the PM to insure the successful execution of all contract requirements. This individual with interface directly with contract management, finance & accounting, procurement, human resources, and technical staff personnel, as well as Air Force government (customer) personnel in the performance of these duties. The project controls specialist must be able to efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic work environment.
Sierra Lobo, offers customers a full range of professional and technical capabilities, including Test and Evaluation, Systems Engineering, and Advanced Technologies. We also develop products and processes related to Cryogenic Fluid and Thermal Management Systems, Densified Propellant Management Systems, and Prototype Extreme Pressure and Temperature Systems. Our customers include the Department of Defense (DoD), the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, Missile Defense Agency (MDA), and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
This position is located on the RTES contract located at Edwards Air Force Base.
Typical functions to be performed include:
- Administrative Assistance:
- Perform a combination of clerical tasks to support office, business, or administrative operations, such as: maintaining records; receiving, preparing, or verifying documents; searching for and compiling information and data; responding to routine requests with standard answers (by phone, in person, or by correspondence). The work requires a basic knowledge of proper office procedures.
- Prepare data, drawings, flow charts, diagrams, schedules, and narrative charts for presentations and reports.
- Prepare technical text, perform technical editing and document compilations, and distribute documents.
- Assist in planning, coordinating and implementing technical and administrative training classes and other ad hoc meetings.
- Establish and maintain office supply inventories.
- Perform clerical and physical tasks in connection with shipping goods and receiving incoming shipments.
- Maintain Property Management records and conduct property audits.
- Interface with technical personnel and utilize procurement skills to translate technical work statements into purchase requisitions for both merchandise and fixed price and time & material subcontracts.
- Create and process purchase requisitions and purchase orders using ReQlogic.
- Obtain and evaluate vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable supplier.
- Understand and follow established procurement regulations and company policies.
- Complete credit applications for suppliers.
- Monitor/oversee execution of awarded subcontract purchase orders.
- Human Resources:
- Gather, manage and maintain workforce data, and prepare data in presentation format.
- Support recruiting, hiring, termination, benefits and policy information, and other HR activities (local HR point-of-contact interfacing with corporate HR and local site staff).
- Prepare/submit employees/visitors access badge requests and process paperwork for security clearances.
- Coordination of training and exams for all staff to meet both government customer and company requirements.
- Administration of environmental, health and safety, and training records.
- Coordinate employee morale events.
- The candidate shall be able to operate in a team environment, shall have good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), be well organized, and be a self-starter.
- Specific knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field with minimum of 3 years of experience (AA and 7+ years of experience).
- The candidate must be a US Citizen and shall be able to obtain a SECRET level security clearance.