SHI International Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Solutions Engineer - Cloud - Southwest - Corp ASG
at SHI International Corp.
- Requisition ID
Innovative Solutions. World Class Support.
Headquartered in Somerset, NJ, SHI International Corp. has transformed itself from a $1 million “software-only” regional reseller into a $10 billion+ global provider of technology products and services. Privately-held and under the guidance of its current ownership since 1989, SHI has experienced tremendous growth in size and scope. Its organic growth and over two decades of stability are a direct result of backing a highly-skilled, tenured sales force with software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists and certified IT services professionals.
SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment from software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, mobility and IT asset management.
SHI supports their clients from over 30 offices throughout the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Germany, France and Hong Kong. SHI’s goal is to foster long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships with its customers and partners, every day.
What SHI Can Offer:
- World Class Facility includes on site gyms, restaurants and community events
- Ongoing opportunities for personal and professional growth and development due to our strong promote from within philosophy
- Work in an up-beat, creative, and fun environment
- Benefits, include medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible spending
- Supportive Management and Leadership
Constantly growing in response to the needs of our customers in all sectors and verticals, SHI has transformed itself from a $1 million "software-only" regional reseller into a $10 billion global provider of information technology products and services. From software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, IT asset management and cloud computing, SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment.
SHI has an exciting job opportunity available within in our Corp Advanced Solutions Group as a Cloud Field Solutions Engineer (FSE). This individual will work as an AWS, Azure, and GCP specialist who will be customer-facing and will uncover, develop, and win cloud consumption and services opportunities. The FSE will take a consultative approach to cloud infrastructure challenges, optimization, migrations, and other cloud adoption services. The FSE will also be able to effectively message the business impact of the solutions and services he or she is discussing.
Include but not limited to:
- Winning public cloud consumption business for SHI (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Helping pitch, scope, and sell cloud services such as infrastructure migration and application modernization
- Ownership of the cloud sales quota and pipeline in supported region
- Account retention and growth for the cloud business in existing accounts
- Developing and executing strategy for top prospects to win new accounts
- Interfacing with multiple layers of contacts within an organization, including but not limited to C-level and VPs of IT, IT Directors, application owners, and developers.
- Owning and driving the sales process for cloud opportunities, including opportunities, moving them forward, identifying decision making criteria, and winning the business. Not responsible for demand generation (cold calls).
- Demonstrating technical leadership within the region being supported by collaborating and providing guidance for sales, engineering, partners, and customers.
- Ensuring that the region’s cloud business is set up for immediate and long-term success.
- Building deep relationships and trust with customers and owning the technical side of customer relationships.
- Delivering a world class customer experience according to SHI standards.
- Coaching sales and engineering on cloud technology and sales strategy.
- Will be expected to travel (50%)
- Constantly being in a state of learning about new technology, trends and market behavior
Qualifications/Minimum Skills Required
- Previous working experience with:
- Re-hosting and re-factoring applications
- IT administration and leadership
- Technical presales
- Systems management and monitoring
- Passion for technology
- Excellent written/verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Highly organized and reliable
- Ability to design cloud infrastructure including IaaS, PaaS, micro-services, security, IAM, and governance
- Deep knowledge of AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform
- Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member
- Ability to assume a leadership role when needed
- Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.
Will be required to obtain from 12 months from hire date:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (preferred to have upon application)
- Azure Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (preferred to have upon application)
The following are not required, however are considered a plus.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty
- Microsoft AZ-100, 300, or 500 Series certifications
- MCSA – Cloud Platform
- MCSE – Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Google Cloud Platform Architect
- Red Hat Certified Engineer in Red Hat OpenStack
- Other relevant certifications for public cloud, DevOps, containers, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity – M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status