Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) / PRN
at Select Medical
- Job ID
- US-CA-San Diego
- Experience (Years)
- Therapy - Certified Occupational Therapist
- Street Address
- 555 Washington St
- Select Specialty Hospital
- Position Type
- Per Diem
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
PRN/Per Diem/As Needed
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you committed to delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us.
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and welcome new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
Reporting directly to the Occupational Therapist, you will build your career with an established, highly successful organization in a caring and compassionate environment. You will be treating patients with complex needs and challenging diagnoses. You will have the opportunity to develop specialized skills to manage chronically critically ill patients.
- Conducting individual patient therapy regimens under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist (OT).
- Monitoring patient's response to treatment and modifying treatment during sessions as indicated in collaboration with an OT.
- Participating in the team process – consulting and collaborating with team members and staff.
- Completing appropriate documentation according to department policies and procedures.
- Participating in departmental, hospital, and community continuing education seminars and in-services.
How you will be successful in this environment:
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Having your NBCOT accreditation and COTA state license.
- Possessing an ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Possessing a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Critical care experience in a hospital setting is a plus!
- Having a positive, compassionate and customer-service oriented attitude.
We'd love for you to join our team!