Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Class A CDL Scrap Driver
at Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
The Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of our parts to our customers. The routes are on private and public roads, including highways, and sometimes cross state lines. Drivers are provided with all safety training as required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. This position performs “safety-sensitive” functions and participates in mandated random drug and alcohol testing.
- Load all parts on truck in required manner and ensure the load is safely secured
- Conduct all pre- and post-trip safety inspections daily
- Maintain all required paperwork such as driver manifests and hours logs according to state and federal regulations
- Deliver and/or pick up all parts and invoices to customers on time
- Unload all parts from truck at customer location in safe manner using appropriate safety gear and tools; re-secure remaining load before leaving location
- Maintain truck in clean and professional condition
- Responsible for safe operation and maintenance of truck while on route
- Stay in constant communication with dispatcher to receive delivery or pick up instructions or to receive notice of changes in scheduled delivery or pick up.
- Valid Class A Commercial Drivers’ license
- Valid medical card
- Three (3) years verifiable Class A driving experience within the last five (5) years
- No more than two (2) moving violations in the last three (3) years
- No more than one (1) preventable accident in the last three (3) years
- Experience with 53 foot length flatbed equipment preferred
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to bend, twist, climb repeatedly
- Ability to read paperwork in English
- Ability to use radio/phone
- Ability to pass DOT-regulated drug/alcohol test and DOT medical exam
- Ability to use GPS system
- Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions.
- Periodic exposure to minimal chemical hazards.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.